Misc.

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
This morning on the local news they mentioned that with the soaring price of gas, people are starting to buy locking gas caps. I recall that when it went over a quarter a gallon everyone started using them.
How long has it been since you've heard of a $5 bill reffered to as a fin, $10 bill reffered to as a sawbuck, $20 dollar bill reffered to as a double sawbuck?

dun

bout as long as a two-bit shave and hair cut

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":2c4frw6o said:
You forgot a C Note Dun.

Never saw when before I was an adult. But I rarely saw a sawbuck either

dun

1984. Redhook deepwater terminal, Brooklyn, N.Y. You had to post a fin to the wallet of the dock foreman or you'd be waiting in line to get your truck loaded a dog-gone long time. Like forever. Also, in 80's, heard the term used in Buffalo, Rochester, and Schenectady N.Y. I always figured it was just a New York thing.

dun":2z4q2ruc said:
This morning on the local news they mentioned that with the soaring price of gas, people are starting to buy locking gas caps. I recall that when it went over a quarter a gallon everyone started using them.
How long has it been since you've heard of a $5 bill reffered to as a fin, $10 bill reffered to as a sawbuck, $20 dollar bill reffered to as a double sawbuck?

dun

Close to 30 years for me. My grandfather used to say that when he was a boy that a dollar bill was a big as a saddle blanket. I thought he was pulling my leg ( which was a routine thing for him ) but found out later that "folding" money used to be a little bigger than the bills they use today.

I remember being in grade school and cokes went from 5 cents to 6 cents ( the old small bottles ) and everyone gripped about the price increase.

;-)

I remember buying baseball cards for the bubble gum and using the card for a motor on your bike spokes...don't care to know how many "rookie" cards were expended to get that motorcycle sound not to mention the hell that was caught form using all the cloths pins. My brother had a Simplex motorcycle...never figured how that belt gearing system worked.
So what I'm hearing today is that I'm not the only one out here who gets the senior discount without even asking for it.

Not a cheep date...a value based experience!

Dave Mc

Latest posts