MINERAL PROGRAM

Help Support CattleToday:

PNZMAN

Reaction score
i was wondering how do you folks feel on that right now mineral program thats on rfdtv

can i substitute that with the sweet lix mineral or high mag or is that just the best thing now...

new cattlaman would love to know
thank

I discussed the subject with the vet the other when we were shooting the bull. His feelings are that as long as they're from one of the major players in the ineral supplement world and the minerals are sold in your area, that any of them are ok. His point was, it doesn;t really matter what one you use as long as you use some mineral supplement.
Didn;t answer your question, but it's an opinion of somebody that sees all kinds of mineral and lack of programs.
ADM has a new mineral called endopfighter that's supposed to have someting in it that makes the endophyte in fescue non-toxic. I'm going to give it a try, but it's hard to compare when we already don;t have much of a problem that I can see/measure.

dun

I have been using the right now mineral program for over a year now. I am sold on the product. I use the mineral with IGR fly control in it. Excellent product. I have not had to spray for flys since starting on it. I am in the process of re-breeding some first calf heifers. They say it is a good mineral for re-breeding ratios.

I know there are four types of mineral supplements from cargill. Is that the green bag that has the fly control or is it in all the bags, the fly control I mean? I don't think they come in blocks either do they? It's all free choice as far as I can see.

Dick

I find it curious that we're talking about minerals under a "Breeds" board. It seems to me that this really a health and nutrition question :?:

I guess I'm being picky, but when I check under a "Breeds" board I expect to find information & questions about breeds of cattle.

rwtherefords":2fmcxg4l said:
I find it curious that we're talking about minerals under a "Breeds" board. It seems to me that this really a health and nutrition question :?:

I guess I'm being picky, but when I check under a "Breeds" board I expect to find information & questions about breeds of cattle.
I have to agree with you rwtherefords. Minerals topic should be posted under health and nutrition, and not under breeds.

The original poster on this thread is new. Probably didn't know.Yall head over to Health and Nutrition we've been talking about minerals under the "fly control" thread. :eek:

tapeworm":298jemk2 said:
greenwillowherefords":298jemk2 said:
I am using this mineral in conjunction with salt and mineral blocks.
Why???

Because salt is a necessary part of their diet IMO, and sometimes I don't go over to the lease for nearly a week to check on them. The blocks hold up well, and provide at least a measure however small it may be, of nutrition for them if they run out or spill out their loose mineral.

Just realized that I am NOT using Right Now, but an ADM product! I realized it this morning when putting more out for the cows. I started to go with it last time I bought mineral, and I guess I forgot that I didn't! Sorry for the mistake.

I don't know about right now minerals but I can tell you form past experience that there are some Really sorry mineral supplements out there. Yes Something is better than nothing I suppose in most cases but don't skimp on minerals supplements. I'm using vitaferm fescue buster with igr's. It's twice the cost of what I can get at our feed store but the cattle eat it. They Won't hardly touch the feed store mineral, it looks like pure dirt... :|
bif

What I am using is ADM's Prospect or Prospector, whichever it is called. In the summer, I use a product called RA-ANA-MAG, which protects against annaplas, fescue, and kills flie eggs.

I tried Nutrena nutrabeef ,the one with the heavyweight belt on the bag. because I thought it was better than the co-op store brand , but the head Nutritionist at NCSU looked at the tag and said that dirt was about as good as this stuff. I do no my cows would not touch it to save thier backside. He compared the label from the co-op brand and said it was alot better . My cows eat it like candy . the values on the store brand was higher in every ingredient than the nutrena brand . But the nutrena was in a pretty bag , with alot of color if that hepls any :lol:

polledbull":2acd9d1t said:
I tried Nutrena nutrabeef ,the one with the heavyweight belt on the bag. because I thought it was better than the co-op store brand , but the head Nutritionist at NCSU looked at the tag and said that dirt was about as good as this stuff. I do no my cows would not touch it to save thier backside. He compared the label from the co-op brand and said it was alot better . My cows eat it like candy . the values on the store brand was higher in every ingredient than the nutrena brand . But the nutrena was in a pretty bag , with alot of color if that hepls any :lol:

Been trying to tell folks for quite a while about some of the Nutrena Minerals, or should I say lack thereof.Pretty bags just don't cut it!. It's a marketing strategy. Don't fall for it.

Latest posts