Mineral Feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
I have been surfing the internet looking for mineral feeders. Everything I see looks like plastic junk. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers metal feeders ? Something weather proof and strong that should last a long time. Thanks, Tom :cboy:

I use Bull Master mineral feeders. Really like them. They are low to the ground so they don't get tipped over often and if your cows like to play with them (I have one pasture that does) They come with stakes so they can't tip them over. They are steel framed with a rubber tub inside and a rubber lid so rain and snow don't get in. Pretty tough. Husband slid into one in the winter with the tractor. Just took tub out and staightened frame almost good as new. Sorry I don't know exactly how to contact Bull Master. I have a supplier up here that carries them, but I think they come from somewhere around Neb. I could be wrong though. Don't know how to put a picture on, but if you go to this link (my supplier) and scroll down towards the bottom there is a picture. http://www.btandf.com/livestock_equip/feed_bunk.htm Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.
Jen

This was discussed awhile back. Have you done a search on here?
Someone, sorry I can't remember who, posted a picture of their mineral feeder. Was a rather neat one.

ILH, good idea but I looked there before my post. Thanks anyway, Tom :cboy:

kerley":3pd1200c said:
I have been surfing the internet looking for mineral feeders. Everything I see looks like plastic junk. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that offers metal feeders ? Something weather proof and strong that should last a long time. Thanks, Tom :cboy:

The problem with metal is the salt in the mineral. IMO plastic that is UV resistant would be the way to go with wood a distant second.

What I do remember about it. It was about 2 feet tall, square with a small roof over it. They said it weight enough to keep the wind from blowing it. I'll see if I can find it.

Latest posts