Mine is Bigger

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Some very big snow drifts here. Called NE Minnesota and some areas have 40" on the level. Almost no snow mobiles available for sale. How are you doing?

Plowing trail through wide open field to get more hay out today, I would say a solid 30" on level - just eyeballing. The drifts are 40-50".

wbvs58 said:
Just like here, I couldn't buy a snow mobile if I wanted to.

Ken

I am thinking about ordering one with deeper track paddles for next year. :nod: May also want to upgrade with a water cooled engine down under.

We have been getting snow a couple of times a week. But it is only an inch or two and it mostly melts off before the next snow arrives. That is at the house. If I could get to the top of the hill behind the house I could give you a run for your money. But I am not about to try to climb up there this time of the year.

Rain came and all the snow is melting 7C/44F. Cows are happy. Water isn't frozen, so I am also happy.

TexasBred said:
Silver said:
Nothing to report. It's just winter here.

Silver how long is your growing season up there once things warm up a bit??

We can plant early May, likely get a frost early September. Or any month with a vowel in it. Around here a 100 day crop is plenty. Guys on the river can grow corn and wheat, but not in these cold narrow valleys like I live in.

Silver said:
TexasBred said:
Silver said:
Nothing to report. It's just winter here.

Silver how long is your growing season up there once things warm up a bit??

We can plant early May, likely get a frost early September. Or any month with a vowel in it. Around here a 100 day crop is plenty. Guys on the river can grow corn and wheat, but not in these cold narrow valleys like I live in.

We can grow turnips as long as they are placed in a wool sock at planting.

What Silver loses in latitude, we lose in elevation

Lots of drizzle n cold here.
Been fairly dry. Well, enough moisture to keep us out of drought anyway.
Ain't seen good snow drifts in a few years now.

And that's just fine with me!

One of the things I had to dispose of when I cleaned up my late father's estate here in East Texas (he went to a lot of auctions and would buy anything) was 2 pallets of snow shovels....ended up throwing almost all of them in a dumpster.

Latest posts