$$$ milk replacer $$$

Help Support CattleToday:

Dee

Reaction score
I was at the feed store this AM, milk replacer will be going from $54 to $81 next week. WOW! And why? Can you feed the dump milk from treated cows? I live near a 3000 hd dairy, so was just wondering if that was safe to do?

Dee":109dumms said:
I was at the feed store this AM, milk replacer will be going from $54 to $81 next week. WOW! And why? Can you feed the dump milk from treated cows? I live near a 3000 hd dairy, so was just wondering if that was safe to do?
yes you can feed dump milk to bottle calves.we fed it for 27yrs to cal;ves when we had cows in the bucket aka fresh or treated milk.the only time we fed powdered milk was when we didnt have enough throw away milk for the calves.its sure wortgh a try to talk to the dairy.an see if they will sale or give you their extra throw away milk.

yep you can use it,i live by a dairy also and they charge very little for it,colostrum they sell for 2 bucks a gallon

The whey protein market has skyrocketed, which is why milk replacer is going up. I do not know why. Though $84 seems very high. Can still get good milk replacer here in Kansas for $60.

dee, the elevator by you has milk protien replacer for $71, it did go up from $62. The stuff you get at the co op in town is merrick's and it is always higer.

Latest posts