Milk Bar?

Help Support CattleToday:

j_20

Reaction score
How many of you have used the milk bars? Im looking at one that feeds 5 at a time, I have always just used a bottle and bottle holder clipped onto pen gate but think these Milk bars might be the way to go.

j_20":xg5m4fwv said:
How many of you have used the milk bars? Im looking at one that feeds 5 at a time, I have always just used a bottle and bottle holder clipped onto pen gate but think these Milk bars might be the way to go.

I have milk bar .. The buckets you can clip on a 2x4 hand bottles... the milk bar was a lil labor intensive and if they didn't drink it all became gnat and fly head quarters I will use it for a lot of calves but prefer smaller buckets and bottles with holders its easier to clean and maintain for me. If you are making up your milk replacer you don't want that stuff to get wasted its expensive. I didn't like seeing my profits run out on the ground by cleaning it out with some still in there but full of bugs. that's just my :2cents:

Good to know Sky, I was hoping it would save labor but sounds like no. Im getting in 5 bottle calves havent done the bottle thing in a while but got what i felt was a decent deal. I just cant seem to find decent bottles or nipples anymore I was raised on a dairy and remember stuff lasting way longer. These tractor supply bottles, dumor I believe is the brand are worthless.

I have used a Peach Teat brand bucket w/ 3 nipples. It worked great. I also have one of their single buckets.