Might be looking to move

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook2.0":4ybfn3xb said:
ga.prime":4ybfn3xb said:
If I was looking to move to Tennessee, I'd start looking at Johnson City and go from there. One of the best areas in the country.
Funny you say that. There's a couple listings there that are interesting.
We're going up the week after or during Christmas and putting eyes on a few

Let me throw one last area out at u.. check out McMinnville TN. Beautiful area...especially coming in from the south. You have both flatland and beginnings of the mountains in the background... good roads and a decent cattle market. Have lots of family from there too and always enjoy the people during the holidays.

Ky hills":20cdpxsf said:
greybeard":20cdpxsf said:
I had family that lived in the Kingsport/Johnson City area. From what I gathered, meth was the big money mover there.
Hopefully it has changed.

If East Tennessee is like it is here in east Ky then I would say that element likely hasn't changed.

It is still a problem just like the rest of the country, but it really depends on the circles you run in and where you hang out as to whether you see it or not.

Did that Real Estate agent contact you Hook? My wife still has 18 acres of prime land for sale if you want a gentleman's farm! :tiphat:

Dixie2542":1nye1hk1 said:
I live in Franklin but our farm is 250 miles to the north. Where are you located Dixie2542?

I like how my phone says I'm online all the time when I'm not..sorry bout that. We're about 40min south of u (near shaz) but work in tornado ally hsv. I have family up near u in Nolensville, Mboro and Nashville though. Man that area is exploding in growth...[/quote]

Yes it is which is good for my day job but the traffic is getting ridiculous.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Hook2.0":2z7nesir said:
58 acres fenced and cross fenced. 3/1 in ne Tennessee. 60x30 fully enclosed metal building and 4 other out buildings including a 48x48 tobacco barn
And close enough to go visit but far enough away not have to put up with him every day. Lol.

Sounds like you did well and a good location. You are not very far from the Tri-city area to the east and Morristown/Knoxville area to the west. No state income tax, the mountains will keep the Hurricanes out and help with the humidity.

Hook2.0":3txs7kse said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3txs7kse said:
Hook2.0":3txs7kse said:
Just far away enough Kenny.

I'm happy you found a place you like but I do wish you were going to be closer to middle Tennessee.
Don't worry TTT, I'm bringing my big smoker and once we get settled in we're going to have a right fancy Tennessee party

Sounds like a plan.

Hook2.0":3gyco25r said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3gyco25r said:
Hook2.0":3gyco25r said:
Just far away enough Kenny.

I'm happy you found a place you like but I do wish you were going to be closer to middle Tennessee.
Don't worry TTT, I'm bringing my big smoker and once we get settled in we're going to have a right fancy Tennessee party

Hey, don't forget me! I am only a few miles away! Maybe Sky will get us some Butts to smoke!

Hook2.0":gh7h11m4 said:
58 acres fenced and cross fenced. 3/1 in ne Tennessee. 60x30 fully enclosed metal building and 4 other out buildings including a 48x48 tobacco barn

I have several thousand sticks I'll give you if you decide to get in the Burley business since you already have a barn. Where did end up going?

hillbilly beef man":le5gwgnb said:
Hook2.0":le5gwgnb said:

I have several thousand sticks I'll give you if you decide to get in the Burley business since you already have a barn. Where did end up going?

Rogersville I believe.

TennesseeTuxedo":16enf6vj said:
hillbilly beef man":16enf6vj said:
Hook2.0":16enf6vj said:

Rogersville I believe.

Beautiful area. My co-worker goes puts in at Phipps Bend and catches small mouth on the Holston out of kayaks a couple times a month. He says this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Hook2.0":1fkbbuq1 said:
Yep. Rogersville. Didn't get as much land as I wanted, but enough to make me happy at a price I'm tickled with

we never do! :lol2: :cboy: