Meat of The Future

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleHand

Reaction score
Oh boy we will all be out of a job/hobby.

I was on Yahoo today and saw this video:

PETA offers $1 million for new meat source

Its not very hard to find sorry I can't post a link. Basically it is saying they hope by 2012 to "grow" meat in petri dishes in labs instead of using animals. Haha then any type of beef that beings and ends on four legs will be considered organic. If i find an acticle about it I will post it. Very interesting.

None of the things that i want to say will be blocked do to profane words and somone might take it the wrong way or turn it around or something. All i can say is that the consumer won't go for it since they don't want genetically modified wheat or corn and such why would they want meat grown in a lab. Don't they go against genetically modified crops and now they want to develop geneticly modified meat. Whatare they thinking, i think they have all lost it and should be in the loony bin. Just my personal opinion though.

iowafarmer":2hjdmrr7 said:
None of the things that i want to say will be blocked do to profane words and somone might take it the wrong way or turn it around or something. All i can say is that the consumer won't go for it since they don't want genetically modified wheat or corn and such why would they want meat grown in a lab. Don't they go against genetically modified crops and now they want to develop geneticly modified meat. Whatare they thinking, i think they have all lost it and should be in the loony bin. Just my personal opinion though.

Probably going to be tax dollar funded on top of it.

I saw a show on one of the learning channels about them raising beef in a petri dish. They showed it but said it would cost roughly $16,000/lb. If Peta folks ever visited the inside of a cloning lab I think they would embrace our industry before they promoted this nonsense. I worked in a clone lab once and you should have seen the funky, weird, distorted living things "they" created. (I just washed dishes)

Latest posts