mean

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie, that's my feelings as well. My hide seems to be much tougher than my heart. My ex had a way of criticizing everything I did. Nothing was big enough or fine enough to suit her. Her words could cut you to the bone. Didn't realize how bad it was till I got shed of her. In the long run she probably did me a favor cause the memory of her will always make me appreciate the angel I'm married to now.

Teddy wasn't mean to me in front of other people. But if he was mad at me, he would treat me like crap when we were alone. He did show his a$$ a few times in front of my family. He didn't say anything one Christmas morning. He refused to come to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. I didn't make a deal of it. We just took the turkey and left.

I used to get back at him in little ways. My old staff can verify this one: I was mad because he woudn't do anything but sit and watch television, so before I went to work, I took the satelite box and remote control to work with me.

It turns out he was bi-polar, something I had been telling him for a long time. When I left him, he went to the hospital, alhtough not before threatening to kill me and himself. He got on some meds. Thought I would just take him back. Oh he!! no! It felt so good just to get that toxin out of my life.

I have been much happier ever since. Even when Steve and I fight, and all couples have their disagreements, I know that he loves me and that this will blow over soon and we'll forgive and forget. You know, like normal folks do.

Lammie":2amotevr said:
I used to get back at him in little ways. My old staff can verify this one: I was mad because he woudn't do anything but sit and watch television, so before I went to work, I took the satelite box and remote control to work with me.

For some reason this reminds me of the T shirt an old girl friend wore. It said "We put the fun in dysfunctional"

Are you SURE you ain't from Alabama? :lol:

MikeC":2bm88imf said:

A man that won't work is not worth my time or my television. He turned into a bum in the end and I refuse to support a man who can work but won't. I got more prospects than that. Besides, it set a really bad example for my boys.

I guess if I am mean, I learned it from him. I think I am more stupid than mean, for putting up with him as long as I did.

MikeC":foyq013c said:

So that is where the remote went?

MikeC":13m42i93 said:

you mean folks in Alabama have satelite??? :shock:

Lammie":1gyi2b23 said:
MikeC":1gyi2b23 said:

A man that won't work is not worth my time or my television. He turned into a bum in the end and I refuse to support a man who can work but won't. I got more prospects than that. Besides, it set a really bad example for my boys.

Or you just thought he would change or you could change him. i think that wa sthe motivation for my sister finally saying bye bye, the effect it was having on their 3 daughters, she is so much better off without him, and FREE!

GMN

I guess if I am mean, I learned it from him. I think I am more stupid than mean, for putting up with him as long as I did.

I don't suffer fools or mean people...
Don't keep then in my life and definately don't asociate with them. Did get a mother's day card from some of my charges back when I was in the military but never considered myself mean just firm and consistant. DMc

The meanest person I know is my ex-stepmother. She was married to my dad for a few years when I was around 10. She was emotional abusive, not physical. The day she moved out, she told me this "It's You. Your father and I could have had a happy life together, except for you. You are my only problem. You are the reason I'm leaving." That is A LOT to blame a 10 year old for! She was only like this around me, my dad, and her 3 sons. To everyone else, she was a happy, nice, friendly person. She knew what hurt, and she used it to hurt any one of us. That is what I call mean.

Jogeephus":1uyxnqbk said:
VanC":1uyxnqbk said:
Nothing physical, but boy could she cut right to your soul with words when she had a mind to.

Since this was mentioned, what do you think is worse. Words or a slap or a fist? Just curious.

Words are much worse, but I'm pretty comforatable with myself now no matter what someone might say or think. A lot different when you're a kid, though.

Latest posts