Maybe the stupidest animal I've ever owned!

Help Support CattleToday:

jkwilson

Reaction score
Yearling heifer can't seem to figure out a round bale feeder. She always ends up with her front feet inside the ring and then tries to go out through another hole. When she raises a back foot to step inside, her hip hits the top of the ring and stops her progress. She is getting stuck almost every day when the bale isn't fresh, and I've watched her stand there and bawl for the other heifers for more than two hours without getting out. I go out and crawl through another opening and she backs out immediately and takes off running for the rest of them.

I am going to cull her for stupidity. She's maybe number 5 of the 7 heifers I'm raising, but I don't see signing up for a cow too dumb to back out of a hay feeder on her own.

jkwilson":127765sh said:
Yearling heifer can't seem to figure out a round bale feeder. She always ends up with her front feet inside the ring and then tries to go out through another hole. When she raises a back foot to step inside, her hip hits the top of the ring and stops her progress. She is getting stuck almost every day when the bale isn't fresh, and I've watched her stand there and bawl for the other heifers for more than two hours without getting out. I go out and crawl through another opening and she backs out immediately and takes off running for the rest of them.

I am going to cull her for stupidity. She's maybe number 5 of the 7 heifers I'm raising, but I don't see signing up for a cow too dumb to back out of a hay feeder on her own.

There's a reason you don't see them performing in circus.

jkwilson":1judp5xr said:

They will stand there all day,,you make a move toward em..poof!! their like a magician..gone..if that's all she's doing,I wouldn't cull her on that reason alone..I call all mine stupid at one time er another...

jkwilson":381k87ym said:

So this gal will stand there and Beller till you go and start to climb in the ring then she gets out and runs back to the rest of the bunch??

Could it possibly be that she has a bet with the other heifers ???
Hey Elise I bet you 2 bats of hay I can make that old man climb in the hay ring.
Bossie,I bet you can't he is to smart to fall for your tricks.

I have seen a lot of humans like that. You just have to put up with them.

Those are the stupid ones that will either hang themselves or break a leg. I would put her on truck ASAP before her stupidity becomes contagious.

Yeah, I would also send her down the road before she breaks a leg or gets twisted around and you can't get her out. Once or twice til she gets it figured out, but daily..... Sorry, I have better things to do and they do enough dumb stuff, that STUPID stuff just has no place.

Just imagine every time you find her in the feeder, she is saying to you:

"I tried to commit suicide. It didn't work. I'll try much harder tomorrow."

That should give you motivation. :D

ALACOWMAN":ujb7cn11 said:
jltrent":ujb7cn11 said:
I have seen a lot of humans like that. You just have to put up with them.
Now that's where I draw the line..I can deal with stupid cattle from time to time...

Like I said I have been around a lot of humans like that. After almost 30 years working in a corrections facility I could write a book, but most wouldn't believe the stories.

I dealt with the likes of these for years everyday all day...murderers, rapist you name it....

Here is a couple off the top of my head of the thousands I remember......

He threw a kid off a cliff to his death to steal his bicycle....

http://apps.corrections.ky.gov/KOOL/Details/237801

Everyday was fun dealing with him....he tried to assault me...he met his match...

http://apps.corrections.ky.gov/KOOL/Details/230828

They should have been shot, not apprehended. Throwing a kid off a cliff to steal his bicycle?????? Needs to be dead. End of problem. Assaulting an officer after all the other convictions, needs to die in the ensuing "fracas" trying to subdue him. Tired of paying to support all these low life's !!!!