Maybe the all time best country singer and song

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
He died six years before I was born but dad always turned up the radio when it came on and sung it too often .... Off key! :D Good memories.

[youtube]i_c1A8tmHuI[/youtube]

One time in the early 70's I was driving home from a rodeo in Tulsa. I drew the night shift drive while everyone else slept. I had a double length 8 track tape of Hank's greatest hits. I plugged it in about the Wyoming line. Hank kept singing and I kept driving. I realized the tape was starting over for about the fourth time when I was crossing the Utah state line. Hank had kept me company all the way across the state of Wyoming.

Back in the day, before I 65, or I 24 if you were heading north out of Nashville, you went by my place. Family history says he stopped here often to buy moonshine from my grandfather. He liked to drive his car right to the still. I don't know if he didn't like to walk, or couldn't walk very far. In the winter, a 3 up of mules was used to snake the car where it needed to go. My grandfather gave up hard livin late in life, he rarely spoke of the old days, other than to warn us to never start drinking. That was always one story that he was eager to share.

Side note: My great uncle got polio as a child. He drove with a cane to operate the the gas, brake, and clutch. The one, and only time they were arrested transporting was when my uncle was driving. He loved that story even better.

Grandma said she waited on him once in a cafe in Trinidad Colorado. Good enuf guy but drunk as a skunk! She sure played me all his music when i was sprout though!

3waycross":3e3v1vwp said:
Grandma said she waited on him once in a cafe in Trinidad Colorado. Good enuf guy but drunk as a skunk! She sure played me all his music when i was sprout though!

Sounds like that might of been Bigfoot's pappy's fault... something tells me that 6 degrees from Hank Williams would work better for this forum than 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon. :lol2:

He was a great singer, just not much of a man. Dang shame people can't get right for their kids. "You've got a million-dollar talent, son, but a ten-cent brain." Roy Acuff

highgrit":5o2inf4i said:
He was a great singer, just not much of a man. Dang shame people can't get right for their kids. "You've got a million-dollar talent, son, but a ten-cent brain." Roy Acuff
like to hear Roys thoughts on Hanks grandson, Tri'cephus... no talent with maybe, a ten cent brain.....

you just cant beat ole hank sr or jr for that matter.an they say hank 3 is as good as his grandpa.but if yall notice most of the great country singers drank an drink alot.

Latest posts