Max urea?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":csemntjt said:
On what crop and by what method?
Broadcast 200 lb/acre of straight urea on a wheat/turnip/radish mix per feed store recommendations. Got done tonight and drank a beer or two and realized that's about twice of what they recommend on my hay field. Just hoping it doesn't burn up

If you get rain it should be ok. Urea is 46-0-0 so it's 92 lb of actual N. That's pretty strong so the turnips should split the ground.
I spilled some (quite a lot) out of the hopper when a tire went into a hole. That was September 6th and nothing growing there yet. Sure is green around that spot.

kenny thomas":m1z9qzsv said:
If you get rain it should be ok. Urea is 46-0-0 so it's 92 lb of actual N. That's pretty strong so the turnips should split the ground.
I spilled some (quite a lot) out of the hopper when a tire went into a hole. That was September 6th and nothing growing there yet. Sure is green around that spot.
Ya I had one of the broadcast wheels on the fertilizer buggy fall off last time I put it out and the grass is still green around it as well. Ok, we're getting a good soaker right now so hopefully it does well. I figured urea at 100% like a dummy.

Latest posts