E-MAX

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
My co-op is pushing a product called E-MAX. Supposed to change soil PH and unlock minerals and nutrients in the soil. Any one on the forum used it and how well did it work.

The sulfur is what will do most of the work, the other stuff mixed in won't have much of a long term effect, and double the price. Gypsum, or fly ash can be dirt cheap if you need sulfur.
Do a soil test and see if you even need it.

Sounds a bit like the fish oil and seaweed sprays. Not so sure I am confident. I tried the fish oil stuff in the garden. Plants greened up for a week but growth was not noticeable. I'd still be more inclined to use limestone for soil pH and poultry manure (6 months+ from the limestone) along with a mixed cover crop to do the other.

sim.-ang.king said:
The sulfur is what will do most of the work, the other stuff mixed in won't have much of a long term effect, and double the price. Gypsum, or fly ash can be dirt cheap if you need sulfur.
Do a soil test and see if you even need it.

I'm in slightly alkaline heavy clay. I like to use sulphated chemical fertilizers like manufactured by APF in Galena Park, Tx. for my (retirement) downsized requirements.....like Ammonium Sulphate rather than Nitrate for the N portion. Hard data to prove a benefit????? no effort in that regard, just doing it. Numerous reports out there outlining the benefits of sulphation.

Latest posts