mattresses

Help Support CattleToday:

The best mattress I have ever slept on was at the Hyatt Regency at the Denver Tech Center, but that was at least a good 10+ years ago. At the time I think I had figured out who made it, but at that time it was about a grand for it. I don't remember who made it anymore; it was something that was out of my price range.

Edit; Maybe it was closer to two grand. All I can remember that is was pricey.
Same type experience here. We slept on a White Dove mattress and loved it. Looked up the company, ordered one and still have it.

I used to have a Denver Mattress, and it was probably the best one that I have owned. I finally had to get rid of it because my ex wife would body slam into the bed, and she was quite heavy. The poor ole springs just could not stand up to that much weight, especially when there is 300 pounds slamming down on it every night.
Fat girls need lovin' too :ROFLMAO:

I do not know which brand mattress the Days Inn (Wyndham) Copperas Cove Texas uses but avoid it like you would a flying 3 headed Lone Star seed tick.

Wife and I stayed there for a week and 1/2 while waiting to buy this house. Nearly crippled both of us. We moved over to Hill Country Inn and they were better with a Serta product, but not by much.

Well I feel like the odd guy out. I've still got a California king waterbed! I love it! This time of year I leave the furnace turned down or off and crawl into that heated waterbed. It's so cozy.

I got my California king waterbed back in 1975 and just ditched it finally about 10 years ago. It was too "hammock" like and was giving me terrible back owies when I got up in the morning. I loved that waterbed when I was young, but as I got older, it didn't love me so much. It WAS warm and comfortable, though. Anyway, I got a cheap memory foam mattress in CA King size and put it in the box, then put a 3 or 4 inch memory foam topper on it, and that's been perfect ever since (10 years or more, I can't remember now). Making the bed is hard, because I have to lift the whole corner of the mattress out of the box to put the bottom sheets on. I keep saying I need to cut down the sides of the box... but it's one of those things that always ends up on the bottom of the to-do list.

Just recently, I decided I wanted a little more luxury, so I got a long (1-1/2 hides) sheepskin to sleep on, on top of that foam topper, and it's like sleeping on a cloud. One of these days, I'll probably get another memory foam topper for the mattress, but as long as I have this sheepskin, I'm in heaven! It's like sleeping with a big Pyrenees dog, except it's clean and it doesn't kick me or drool. ;)

Maybe 15 years ago, I bought a Westin Heavenly Bed. It was the best mattress I ever slept on. My wife got the bright idea to get a cheap foam piece of crap from Aldi and gave my mattress to our daughter for her new apartment. In less than 6 months she was screaming she wanted a new mattress. We ended up getting a Saatva. It is ok, but it will never replace the Heavenly Bed. The Heavenly bed has gone downhill in a big way in quality and comfort. My best advice would be to lay on any mattress first to see if you like it.

Last edited:
last two mattresses have been foam memory temper pedic knock offs. I have lots of back issues and wife has joint issues. Always warm when you get in and we both sleep much better. First lasted 12 years and we are onto number two. If there is one thing I have learned in life never try to save money on a mattress and sheets.

Memory foam now a couple years..I can finally sleep on my left side again..my Old one killed me ,like sticking a knife in between my shoulders

Heck yeah! It's a captain's bed frame (two full sets of drawers underneath) and has a mirror in the headboard. 😎
Before I got it someone put this sticker on it. I couldn't bring myself to peal it off.View attachment 36782
Do you have it built into the back of a carpeted Chevy Van? :sneaky:

Do you have it built into the back of a carpeted Chevy Van? :sneaky:
Back when I was a kid, there was a house we would pass going to town. It had a naked woman in a hammock painted on the garage door. Then I got older I heard stories that back in the 70's-80's they used to have key parties there. The place just sold recently. A friend of a friend bought it. He said there was a big heart shaped bed and red shag carpet in the basement!

Wife and I bought one of those 10 years ago. Within a week we paid them the $500 to come pick it up and bring us another choice. We found we sunk into it and didn't move. All kinds of aches in the morning from being still all night.
There is a difference between there being a layer of memory foam vs the entire mattress being memory foam. Original memory foam mattresses pretty much would swallow the sleeper. Sounds like you got one of those 'deluxe' models. Or, too much of a good thing.

We had a waterbed for a couple of years. I hated it, wife liked it..........until one cold winter night when the power had been off all day and part of the night before and we went to go to bed and it was like sleeping on a block of ice. That, thankfully, was the end of our waterbed.

A super single waterbed mattress filled, would weigh about 1200lbs. Lot of weight to be in the back of ye old Chevy van all the time.

Since the conversation has diverted in part to mattress stories, it brings to mind one I always remember.
I went to work for a drilling company (oilfield) in the late 70s as a mechanic and the shop foreman was old..in his 70s already and a WW2 veteran. Very nice guy, and had fought with Patton's 3rd Army in France and Germany. He presented himself as the ultimate ladys' man (putting it mildly) & was forever telling us stories of his combat days, but mostly of his romantical conquests back in his younger days. He once stated, "Don, when me and the others got out of the Army and stepped off the train back home here in Eunice (Louisiana), the women met us at the depot with mattresses on their backs!"
That conjured up a mental image I have never forgotten.