Math problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
Do not look at the answer until you think you have it correct. GOOD LUCK.

The problem is : In your city, 5% of all the people have unlisted phone numbers. If you select 100 names at random from the directory, which contains 100,000 names, how many people selected will have unlisted phone numbers? Remember don't look until you have figured out the answer. You may use a calculator if you want to.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

The answer is that none of them will have unlisted numbers.
And wipe that dumb look off of your face and go ask your son, daughter, or grandkid if you still can't figure it out.

I'm no good at riddles and that one was too obvious! BTW, I got it right

dun

Heck with figurin'...I just looked.

Alice

warpaint":gcjnyfnz said:
Alice":gcjnyfnz said:

Alice

Cheater!! :lol:

I got it from the word Unlisted. ;-)

When I read "Math Problem," my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Yes, I cheated...no excuses...I beg forgiveness...and all that other stuff.

Alice

Alice":35341o4l said:
warpaint":35341o4l said:
Alice":35341o4l said:

Alice

When I read "Math Problem," my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Yes, I cheated...no excuses...I beg forgiveness...and all that other stuff.

Alice

Done. I can't stay mad at you anyway. :lol:

warpaint":13c0mqnv said:
Alice":13c0mqnv said:
warpaint":13c0mqnv said:
Alice":13c0mqnv said:

Alice

Alice

Done. I can't stay mad at you anyway. :lol:

Thank you... :lol2:

Bullbuyer":zsu6qg3f said:
What's a 'directory' ?

Oh, you know - that thick sheaf of papers, printed on both sides, and contained in two sheets of really thin cardboard that 'points' you to a person's phone number. Assuming, of course, that it is neither unlisted nor unpublished. I probably should add that it can also be known as a phone book in some parts of the country.