Massey Ferguson 300 combine

Help Support CattleToday:

simcross

Reaction score
The hydralics tend to hot to the point in will not raise the header. It never use to do this the pump I had went bad so bought a used one from salvage yard works good till hyralics get hot then not so good. I do not think it is the pump, I was wondering if it would be something in the hydralic controls or the header control that is restricting the oil enough to make the pump work harder and the oil get hot.

Any opions on this??

THANKS

simcross":3facwvw0 said:
The hydralics tend to hot to the point in will not raise the header. It never use to do this the pump I had went bad so bought a used one from salvage yard works good till hyralics get hot then not so good. I do not think it is the pump, I was wondering if it would be something in the hydralic controls or the header control that is restricting the oil enough to make the pump work harder and the oil get hot.

Any opions on this??

THANKS

Check the hyd. oil for foaming /or air bubbles in the oil. If it's full of air then you'll have to find out why.

If air in the oil isn't the problem it could be in a relief valve not opening or the pump you put on isn't strong enough to open the relief and the oil is being heated up by the pump dead heading.

That's just the first thing that comes to mind. Just a place to start. Several other possibilities. Oil cooler? Filter/ strainer? Troubleshooting hydraulic systems can be a bitch. Sometimes you just have to get the specs on the system and work your way through to find the problem. Either that or lots of parts changing until you hit the problem. Some units are rather complicated.

I'm sure I missed many other check points. Others will hopefully be of better help than I. Does the unit have an accumulator?

Latest posts