JD 300 vs JD 2010 Differences Aside From the Yellow Color

Help Support CattleToday:

libertygarden

Reaction score
I came across a JD 300 (gas) that is painted green over the yellow. According the model number, it's a JD300. It's in fairly good mechanical shape and price for what I need it. Is there a difference between the JD300 and its AG brother the JD2010? Can I use the same Ag implements on the Yellow tractor as on the Green ones?

It has a brush hog so it has PTO. Aside from the poor paint job, I can't tell the difference between the commercial and ag model.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you.

Thanks. I had already seen both links. Nothing glaringly different which is why I asked here in case someone had more in-depth knowledge.

Looks like the 300 is 3 cylinder vs 4cyl in 2010 although they post same Hp. Usually the industrial models have heavy duty front axle a bonus for loader work. Also the transmission or at least the shifting seems different syncro range vs syncro mesh.

Last edited:
I have put thousands of hours on 301A John Deere which is newer than the 300. They are good and tough. I own a 1530 same year model. The difs are ag model has independent pto 301 live pto. Ag version has mechanical shutoff 301 shuts off with the key. Ag version has 28 inch rear tires 301had 24 or 16.1. Both are 45 hp at the pto.
They're good tractors. The only thing is do not use cheap hydraulic fluid. It will cause the brake liners to deteriorate and basically ruin the hydraulic system. The agency I worked for driving the 301s used the cheapest fluid until they figured out it didn't meet specs. Went to using Deere fluid no more problems

Latest posts