Massey Ferguson 1150

Help Support CattleToday:

OhioFarmer87

Reaction score
Hey all. I bought a massey 1150 last year and I'm thinkin about trading it in on something else or selling it to get something a little smaller. It's a great tractor but likes the fuel. Anyone know what their worth? I have only ever seen about 3 for sale and none of them were cheap but I don't have much of a pool to get ideas from. Doesn't seem to be a popular tractor to sell. Any ideas are helpful!!! Thanks

That tractor has the Perkins V-8 I believe. I built boats in the early 80's and the Perkins V8 came out in a marine package. It was very reasonable priced. And turned out to be the worst marine engine ever made.

The V8's lack the torque of a straight 6 so that's really the reason for them being less popular. Best bet is a auction, and hope you get lucky.

The massey 1150 is one of the tractors gaining in popularity, if you can believe that. When I was a boy my dad bought one new and I was so impressed at how wide the hood was. It was a good tractor for us as it was the largest HP tractor on the market for a couple of years. The engine was expensive to overhaul as it had a chromed crankshaft which present a problem with turning it and putting oversized bearings in. Heritage Iron has really made the interest rise in the muscle tractors and the 1150 was definitely one of Ferguson's true muscle tractors. Without knowing much about your tractor you are probably looking anywhere between $5,500 and $12,000.00. Condition and past history of maintenance to the tractor will determine the price.

Condition is everything with the 1960's Masseys. If it looks like it just came off the line, I could think of lots that would pay easy 8-10k. But something on the low end might only fetch 3k.

Thank you all for the advice. I will see how it does around here. Going to try and trade it in on something new