Masons

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":13rq9hsp said:
My grandfather on my mother's side was a Mason. I wish I had asked him about the organization while he was alive.

I think that you have to petition them to join. They vote you in by placing black or white marbles in a container to see if you are selected. All white you are in one black and you are out that is where the term black balled came from.

inyati13":l0svlujl said:
slick4591":l0svlujl said:
TexasBred":l0svlujl said:
Not really true but certainly might be what the Grand Lodge might teach. I hear the pro's and con's of masonry all the time but still see nothing about it for anyone to fear. Heck all the so called secrets can now be found online. Amazing too that so many people have somewhat strange thoughts about Masons but at the same time praise Scottish Rite Hospitals and Shriners hospitals. Apparently they don't know that you have to be a Master Mason to be a Scottish Rite Mason and then a Shriner. All of them are Masons.

Slick I didn't think I'd ever get that stupendous edifice built in that 1st degree. Too a week to learn to pronounce it.

My info came out of my lodge only. No idea of the Grand Lodge's opinion on that. Funny, but I've seen those video's telling the secrets of the lodge and laugh because if most people knew the actual ones they'd be pretty disappointed. And... that goat riding thing wasn't so bad :lol:

Is it true a brother Mason knows another brother in darkness or light by his handshake?
That and the smell of your hand after the handshake. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Ebenezer":37bvzqsn said:
The Masons believe that one deity is all deities, all deities and religions of the world are equal, so that is why strong denominations disclaim it. Most presidents have been masons and if you watch, a lot of folks have the mason stickers or glue-ons on the back of their cars. Apparently they feel that a policeman who is a mason will overlook their offences since they are fellow masons. Supposedly masons can recognize each other without a handshake but also by the handshake. I think I have the non-handshake figured out. Too much secretive, male symbols, rituals and foolishness to be more than an organization to link folks together as a source of connections and power.

You can read up on the group in a book, "Kingdom of the Cults". I am sure that there are other books and information, too.
Enjoy the trip Ebenezer. Sorry to say you're lost already. There are numerous reliable books on masonry. You just have to search them out. Oh and by the way the sticker on the car is not in hopes of avoiding a ticket. Maybe someday you'll learn what it means. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":t7e68o7s said:
Ebenezer":t7e68o7s said:
The Masons believe that one deity is all deities, all deities and religions of the world are equal, so that is why strong denominations disclaim it. Most presidents have been masons and if you watch, a lot of folks have the mason stickers or glue-ons on the back of their cars. Apparently they feel that a policeman who is a mason will overlook their offences since they are fellow masons. Supposedly masons can recognize each other without a handshake but also by the handshake. I think I have the non-handshake figured out. Too much secretive, male symbols, rituals and foolishness to be more than an organization to link folks together as a source of connections and power.

You can read up on the group in a book, "Kingdom of the Cults". I am sure that there are other books and information, too.
Enjoy the trip Ebenezer. Sorry to say you're lost already. There are numerous reliable books on masonry. You just have to search them out. Oh and by the way the sticker on the car is not in hopes of avoiding a ticket. Maybe someday you'll learn what it means. :mrgreen:
Maybe you will too. Until then the eternal eye will watch you.

TexasBred":1e656jm8 said:
Ebenezer":1e656jm8 said:

Lost as a goose in a snow storm on this one.

Ebenezer":72ndai0o said:
TexasBred":72ndai0o said:
Ebenezer":72ndai0o said:

Maybe you will too. Until then the eternal eye will watch you.
It really doesn't mean a dam thing other than you're a mason, just like I have a Knights of Columbus sticker on my back window, a Lions Club Sticker and a Life Flight member sticker. And it's not the eternal eye either.

I have come across several masons in my travels. None were unpleasant. One in particular stands out in my mind. I was hocking satellite systems from roadsides in TX in the late 90s. Had a trailer and fully portable setup. Traveled the same circuit each week from Buffalo, Mexia, Madisonville, etc. One day, I was set up in Madisonville by the Shell station. Fella pulls up in a very nice and new Ford pickup. Never got out of his truck. Just pulled up and rolled his window down and chatted. This was during slick Willies tenure as prez, and this fella had A LOT to say about him and the condition of our great nation. The entire time, he sat in his truck, wrapping a big ol masons ring on the truck door (couldn't help but notice it, almost made it hard to pay attention to him speaking). We talked for awhile- pretty much inagreement- and before he drove away, the last thing he said was , " keep your guns close young man. The day is coming when we will be forced to go lawyer hunting." He winked as he grinned and drove away.

inyati13":1gdgkmjd said:
slick4591":1gdgkmjd said:
TexasBred":1gdgkmjd said:
Not really true but certainly might be what the Grand Lodge might teach. I hear the pro's and con's of masonry all the time but still see nothing about it for anyone to fear. Heck all the so called secrets can now be found online. Amazing too that so many people have somewhat strange thoughts about Masons but at the same time praise Scottish Rite Hospitals and Shriners hospitals. Apparently they don't know that you have to be a Master Mason to be a Scottish Rite Mason and then a Shriner. All of them are Masons.

Slick I didn't think I'd ever get that stupendous edifice built in that 1st degree. Too a week to learn to pronounce it.

My info came out of my lodge only. No idea of the Grand Lodge's opinion on that. Funny, but I've seen those video's telling the secrets of the lodge and laugh because if most people knew the actual ones they'd be pretty disappointed. And... that goat riding thing wasn't so bad :lol:

Is it true a brother Mason knows another brother in darkness or light by his handshake?
I do not believe it is a handshake, although the darkness part may have merit.
My uncle by marriage is a Mason. About 20 years ago he loaned me "the book" to read, in hopes I would petition to join. To this day I have no idea why. I skimmed through the book. I gathered that secrets are to be kept.
Weeks later my uncle ask me if I'd like to participate in one of the rituals. Older white men, around a campfire.......
And then he ask me; If one minute you are participating in our ritual, and then the next thing you are conscious of is waking up the next morning naked, alone, by the camp fire, and everyone else is still asleep, would you say anything?
Thinking this was a test, I said "NO".

Then he ask me if I wanted to go camping.
That was the last time I've spoken to that uncle. Maybe he is the exception to the order

Ouachita":1226herb said:
Weeks later my uncle ask me if I'd like to participate in one of the rituals. Older white men, around a campfire.......
And then he ask me; If one minute you are participating in our ritual, and then the next thing you are conscious of is waking up the next morning naked, alone, by the camp fire, and everyone else is still asleep, would you say anything?
Thinking this was a test, I said "NO".
First time I heard that joke I kicked my momma's belly, from the inside!

Well a lot of framers and signatures on the Declaration of Independence were Mason's the father of the country was a Mason.
Our nations capital is Masonic by design.
Just something to think about on the 4th the greatest nation every known to man was inspired created and lead by Mason's

Sometimes the stories of "Secret Societies" just sound so much cooler than the truth of things. I'm not a Mason, however my Dad and I and my Grandfather when he was alive all belong(ed) to a group called Rancheros Visitadores. It's a fairly selective, invitation only group of businessmen and cow and horse people that has a couple rides, including one very big extravagant one every Spring and does some pretty sizable charity stuff.
To read some of the articles on the internet though, you'd think we were plotting World domination, LOL.

greybeard":3rmtbcwa said:
Yeah, LOL, I've seen that article too. A reporter in a mid-major market taking random pictures of Frat House style antics (most of the pics 30 years old to boot) and trying to make it something nefarious.
Some crazy stuff goes on and the camps compete to outdo each other with some parties and functions that you probably wouldn't believe how over the top the food, entertainment, service etc. is.
Those types of articles make it sound like something a bit different though.
Just guys from several walks of life, politicians, very large ranchers, finance guys, well known horse guys, elite rodeo cowboys, large cattle feeders and a few other types coming together at the main ride in May and private parties at a couple other functions like the NFR and Fort Worth Fat Stock Show.
The common bond is quite simple, the horse and a love of the Western way of life.

What happens if a mason does reveal the secrets? Does he just get kicked out, or is there a harsher punishment?

I wonder if a Mason ever got upset at the organization and started spouting secrets just for spite?

I've been a Mason for several years. I'm not all that active now. Our meetings are on Fridays and with a family time is limited at best. Lots to BS said and written about the rituals and such, majority is just that, BS. Our local Lodge and our local Shrine Temple do a lot of good for our area, very good people.

herofan":3224fgz4 said:
What happens if a mason does reveal the secrets? Does he just get kicked out, or is there a harsher punishment?

I wonder if a Mason ever got upset at the organization and started spouting secrets just for spite?
There have been some that did that very thing after they decided to voluntarily leave the Masons. As far as I know, nothing bad happened to them.

I think it would be much more dangerous to be a friend of the Clintons and start talking. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts