Masons

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
A few comments were made a few weeks ago concerning Masons and I got to wondering if we had any Masons on the forum and what your opinions are of the order as well as any contact or interaction you had with a Mason at some time in the past. Seems a lot of folks are very leary of them. I'll admit upfront that I was a Mason for almost 20 years but when they found out I was Catholic I was kicked out. Back in those days neither Catholics nor blacks could be masons. The application nowhere asked me what my faith was so I never told them. I know some of them knew I was Catholic because we had been friends for ages but that's history.

My dad came from a huge Catholic family with roots in Cincinnati. Mom was Protestant and all her brothers were Masons. It made for some interesting conversations. My Uncle Bill was a Mason. He did not like Catholics. As boys, we said but Dad is Catholic. He would always say, "Well Bob is a good man."

The Masons designed the dollar bill, right.
In my town the Masons meet in the same building that serves as the US Post Office.
Seems awfully suspicious but I haven't got the conspiracy theorys all nailed down yet.

I am also a Mason, although I admit I'm not active. TB, my understanding is that Catholics can't keep secrets from the Pope, therefore if he asked you you'd have to give up some secrets.

I have been invited to be a mason. It spurred me to do some research. I chose not to.

I know several. They are humans like the rest of us, and have their flaws, but the ones I know are good people. Shriners do an awful lot of good for an awful lot of sick kids.

Have some friends who are Masons and a couple have told me if I asked to join I would be accepted. I never asked to join because I figured any organization that would have me as a member was shady at best.

I got it! If I told TB one of my many secrets he would straight to the pope and spill the beans. :shock:

TexasBred":1rtchgca said:
A few comments were made a few weeks ago concerning Masons and I got to wondering if we had any Masons on the forum and what your opinions are of the order as well as any contact or interaction you had with a Mason at some time in the past. Seems a lot of folks are very leary of them. I'll admit upfront that I was a Mason for almost 20 years but when they found out I was Catholic I was kicked out.
we already know what really happened.
"udden udden"
Did the illustrious potentate call a secret conclave meeting in the dead of the night with mysterious sanctimony in accordance with prescribed rituals of time honored ceremony?
Is it true you had a propeller on your fez?

When I was a yonker and raised catholic, the catholics hated the masons (the were godless heathens) and the catholics hated the mormons (more godless heathens) Since i didn;t know any mormons or masons I don;t know how they felt about catholics. But at that point in time, everyone but catholics were godless heathens according to the catholics. All excpet the lutherns, they were heretics

Jogeephus":16je6fd3 said:
Have some friends who are Masons and a couple have told me if I asked to join I would be accepted. I never asked to join because I figured any organization that would have me as a member was shady at best.

:lol: :lol: :help:

I thought about trying to join years ago until I found out about the "goat riding" you had to do for initiation. With that, and the "boys weekend in", with a crowd of fellas supposedly to show no secrets (or clothes either apparently) between brothers, I passed.

greybeard":3o1lhj52 said:
TexasBred":3o1lhj52 said:
A few comments were made a few weeks ago concerning Masons and I got to wondering if we had any Masons on the forum and what your opinions are of the order as well as any contact or interaction you had with a Mason at some time in the past. Seems a lot of folks are very leary of them. I'll admit upfront that I was a Mason for almost 20 years but when they found out I was Catholic I was kicked out.
we already know what really happened.
"udden udden"
Did the illustrious potentate call a secret conclave meeting in the dead of the night with mysterious sanctimony in accordance with prescribed rituals of time honored ceremony?
Is it true you had a propeller on your fez?

Did they ever figure out how Coy got that Harley up there on the high dive?

I will be signing that in my head all day!

slick4591":1q2b8te2 said:
I am also a Mason, although I admit I'm not active. TB, my understanding is that Catholics can't keep secrets from the Pope, therefore if he asked you you'd have to give up some secrets.
Not really true but certainly might be what the Grand Lodge might teach. I hear the pro's and con's of masonry all the time but still see nothing about it for anyone to fear. Heck all the so called secrets can now be found online. Amazing too that so many people have somewhat strange thoughts about Masons but at the same time praise Scottish Rite Hospitals and Shriners hospitals. Apparently they don't know that you have to be a Master Mason to be a Scottish Rite Mason and then a Shriner. All of them are Masons.

Slick I didn't think I'd ever get that stupendous edifice built in that 1st degree. Too a week to learn to pronounce it.

Latest posts