Marketing once fired brass ???

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
We have a area a couple of miles away which is a local unofficial shooting range. For the past few years a would grab a couple of cold "cokes" and go out and pick up brass. When the scrap price was $1.75 to $1.80 it was nice pocket change, now not so much.

I have many pounds of brass in good shape and thinking I should sell it for bigger change. Craigslist won't post it, same for EBay...... Any suggestions how to market it?

Thanks

Alan":4mryxnk9 said:
We have a area a couple of miles away which is a local unofficial shooting range. For the past few years a would grab a couple of cold "cokes" and go out and pick up brass. When the scrap price was $1.75 to $1.80 it was nice pocket change, now not so much.

I have many pounds of brass in good shape and thinking I should sell it for bigger change. Craigslist won't post it, same for EBay...... Any suggestions how to market it?

Thanks

We have a local paper called the trading post you can sell anything in it. It also has an online site. You may want to see if there's something like that around.

http://midvatradingpost.com/

Gun shop here sells it in plastic bags by the 50. Don't know where he gets it but I'm sure he's got someone who sells it to him. Might try something like that. BTW - whatcha got?

Jogeephus":320tcv13 said:
Gun shop here sells it in plastic bags by the 50. Don't know where he gets it but I'm sure he's got someone who sells it to him. Might try something like that. BTW - whatcha got?

Thanks to all for the replies, $20 per thousand for clean brass is about right and not worth if for me to go the trouble of separating and marketing. I'll hang on to and hope the dirty brass prices increase.

Out in the woods with a cold "coke" in my hand the most brass I find is by far 9mm and .223. Lots of .22 but I won't make the effort to pic those up, although I do pick up the .22 rounds the drunks drop while loading their guns, I'll find maybe 20 a trip. Next is most is 45 acp then just some 30-06, 30-30, .40, etc.

Take it to a gunshow and sit outfront with it. Stick a sign in a bucket and you would be surprised what you cansell that way

Greybeard outdoors Website has a section for selling and trading reloading stuff... Clean once fired brass sells real well on there...How much 30-30 brass Ya got?

Alan":5jh7h3a8 said:

Thanks

Just curious, how do you know it's "once-fired"?

Latest posts