Market slow down in general anyone seeing it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Is there an economic slow down in your area?

• slowing down drastically

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slowing down slightly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dundidit

Reaction score
We have gone from $80k median house price in our area five years ago to $273k median house price about six months ago and now you can't even sell a house! People here have borrowed upto their neck. Farmer have sold off large chunks of land at anywhere from 35k-50k an acre. I was glad to see some of the old guys get it but, we went from 11 dairy farms in 1997 to ONE left this year. Not because of anything but, selling ground, milk as well as beef has been sky high around here. And now that everything is slowing down you ought to see the houses up for sale. A friend of mine builds a few liveable houses 1400-1600 sq. ft. He just lowered the price on his last one by 25k to try to sell it and break even before it gets any worse. They laughed at me the past few years for building a few houses for others and keeping my beef cattle on ground that was worth 30k an acre. We will see whose laughing a year from now when things get real bad. I am not kidding anyone, things have slowed down drastically!! I just wanted to see if anyone else in the country is experiencing the same thing?

Being that you live 'Nowhere in Particular' none of us have any idea where that is... The local economy here is growing, and is in excellent health.Land is being sold, new housing growth is bursting at the seams in town.Yes, fuel prices are hurting things some, but I'd say we are in good shape here.

Crowder, I don't know what's going on with this computer it keeps logging me in under a different name but, anyway it's dundidit, we are in the DC metro area about 90 NW of DC, in the sticks. Glad all is well there, glad all were safe from the recent tornados. Things, including beef are slowing.

Latest posts