Marijuana

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been thinking about trying the carnivore diet out for 30 days so been doing some reading up on it. One of the deals that's debated is alcohol consumption. I read several takes on this but the best one was that alcohol lowers your inhibitions which in turn impares judgment and makes it harder to maintain the diet. I would think Marijuana would be off the table for sure....🤣🤣
The carnivore diet has a really high success rate as opposed to vegan which has a 84% failure rate

The carnivore diet has a really high success rate as opposed to vegan which has a 84% failure rate
Yes, it seems like people love it. Not sure I could do it long term but think I'd hang in there a month or two to see if I felt better. I'm not a heavy drinker but do like to have a few a couple times a week so that wouldn't be a killer. Vegan on the other hand can't be good for you. I don't see how a person with a trade type job could function on lettuce and broccoli but I've been wrong before.

Yes, it seems like people love it. Not sure I could do it long term but think I'd hang in there a month or two to see if I felt better. I'm not a heavy drinker but do like to have a few a couple times a week so that wouldn't be a killer. Vegan on the other hand can't be good for you. I don't see how a person with a trade type job could function on lettuce and broccoli but I've been wrong before.
I tried keto before, I couldn't do it long term. I like beans and fruit and you can't have either on keto. I also found I couldn't get enough fiber in my diet as well, I would think carnivore would be worse. I just try to focus on eating real whole foods, limiting sweets and simple carbs and try to avoid unhealthy seed oils and vegetable oils.

I tried keto before, I couldn't do it long term. I like beans and fruit and you can't have either on keto. I also found I couldn't get enough fiber in my diet as well, I would think carnivore would be worse. I just try to focus on eating real whole foods, limiting sweets and simple carbs and try to avoid unhealthy seed oils and vegetable oils.
I did the keto diet with my wife about five years ago. It was an effort to eat healthier. I'm a small guy, 5'9" and between 155-160. I could not eat enough to maintain my weight. After about three months, when I got down to 142 and wife started making fun of my bird legs and hatchet azz, I started drinking beer and eating lasagna again.

I've found that it's best to avoid processed foods, and eat fresh as much as possible. Minimize boxes, bags, and cans. Blood pressure varies between 130 and 100 at the top end, usually in the lower teens. Cholesterol acceptable. Heart rate 60ish. Wife has similar numbers. No prescription meds in the house except because my wife had her thyroid taken out so needs synthroid.

I also recommend tree nuts. Especially almonds. They help with blood pressure.

I did the keto diet with my wife about five years ago. It was an effort to eat healthier. I'm a small guy, 5'9" and between 155-160. I could not eat enough to maintain my weight. After about three months, when I got down to 142 and wife started making fun of my bird legs and hatchet azz, I started drinking beer and eating lasagna again.
You and I are about the same size, I got down to 145 and people thought I had cancer. I had the same trouble as you, couldn't get enough to eat and I felt like I was going to starve. First time I ate fruit after that was like eating a candy bar it was so good.

First time I ate fruit after that was like eating a candy bar it was so good.
I got sick with a bad stomach issue last year and didn't eat anything for around 14 days. Once I started eating again I ate 2 eggs for breakfast and homemade chicken noodle soup for supper for a week. My first real meal was a ribeye and I couldn't believe how it made me feel. Felt like my body needed the protien it was a good but strange feeling.

Latest posts