Man killed by Longhorn!

Help Support CattleToday:

definitely sad news... and a good reminder on which animals you keep around... What I find odd is that the wife got the bull off him with sugar cubes... how the heck do you do that if the bull is pizzy?

Nesikep":2yxnizhq said:
definitely sad news... and a good reminder on which animals you keep around... What I find odd is that the wife got the bull off him with sugar cubes... how the heck do you do that if the bull is pizzy?

I wondered about that too Nesikep, maybe the bull was used to being fed treats, and was tragically too tame. Terrible tragedy regardless of the details. I feel so bad for the family.

I have learned that having cattle, especially Bulls, being too used to being hand fed is a bad thing because they have no fear. Imo you need them have enough fear they keep at a distance. I got caught in a bad situation with one of the Bulls I raised and hand fed. Opened the gate to a pen with a 50lbs sack of cubes, as i turned back and latched the gate the bull had come up quick head butting the bag and I had nowhere to go. Wont do that again. Been in a bad spot a few times w a show cow too. I don't hand feed or pet too much anymore.

SteppedInIt":t5awenct said:
I have learned that having cattle, especially Bulls, being too used to being hand fed is a bad thing because they have no fear. Imo you need them have enough fear they keep at a distance. I got caught in a bad situation with one of the Bulls I raised and hand fed. Opened the gate to a pen with a 50lbs sack of cubes, as i turned back and latched the gate the bull had come up quick head butting the bag and I had nowhere to go. Wont do that again. Been in a bad spot a few times w a show cow too. I don't hand feed or pet too much anymore.

Excellent advice/reminder.

I hate feeding cubes in the winter they always get to gentle. Had to take my stick out there the other day and help them remember my space and their space and my cows are far from being pets. Feel sorry for the guy and his family.

Very sad. There is no indication yet that this was a case of a stupid owner making a pet out of a bull. If it was I sure wish that it would be made public, as a warning to all of the idiots out there who do that sort of thing, but until then I feel sorry for everyone involved. Some of us are more concerned with safety and aware of the unpredictability of our animals than others, but an accident or occasional lack of judgement can happen to any of us.

Luca Brasi":3cuicdem said:
Very sad. There is no indication yet that this was a case of a stupid owner making a pet out of a bull. If it was I sure wish that it would be made public, as a warning to all of the idiots out there who do that sort of thing, but until then I feel sorry for everyone involved. Some of us are more concerned with safety and aware of the unpredictability of our animals than others, but an accident or occasional lack of judgement can happen to any of us.

An accident!! No indication at all that the deceased was stupid nor an idiot !!!

TexasBred":2aoqeges said:
Luca Brasi":2aoqeges said:

An accident!! No indication at all that the deceased was stupid nor an idiot !!!

Um, that is what I wrote genius. Up your meds, or your reading glasses prescription, or put down the bottle... something.

dun":159v177v said:
Lured away from him with sugar cubes, HMMMMMMMMMMM!

There is that. Still trying to give the benefit of the doubt since there's not a lot of specific information.
Or not. Depending on who is reading and how they interpret it.

Luca Brasi":18zib0d5 said:
dun":18zib0d5 said:
Lured away from him with sugar cubes, HMMMMMMMMMMM!

There is that. Still trying to give the benefit of the doubt since there's not a lot of specific information.
Or not. Depending on who is reading and how they interpret it.

Prolly range cubes and the reporter misunderstood.

Latest posts