Just a few shots of my simple little process:

1-The steam comes out of this container:
still1.jpg

2-It goes round and round in the copper pipe and condenses:
still2.jpg

3-And it comes out here:
still3.jpg

Canadian_Cowgirl":2wcpriu4 said:
Mikey, I never thought youd ever show us your meth lab!! I mean ethenol lab, careful it dont blow up! :)

So what is it your doing??? :?

Katy

Making Ethanol/Ethyl Alcohol from watermelon juice.

Is it not obvious? :lol:

Can't blow up, the alcohol evaporates from the mixture at 88 C.

Very little pressure because it's heated below the boiling temp of water.

Bez+":18tzp6jr said:
ethanol?

Tell us the truth!

Did you use melons?

How did it taste?

:lol:

Bez+

Tastes exactly like strong rum. Exactly.

The first pint comes off at 140 proof, and each subsequent pint comes off at 5 less proof. When it gets down to about 80 proof/40 percent it doesn't taste very good.

Getting 1 gallon of alcohol from each 10 quarts of the brew mash.

I assume your wife was out shopping....

Neat setup, its giving me ideas for the fruit season.

ga. prime":1wni2ct8 said:
Mike, I can pour that up for you. Give me a holler. :lol:

I'll be needing somebody to haul it too.

You got a fast car? ;-)

Crowderfarms":3lklpwig said:
Mike, I'm quite intrigued with that Microwave in your kitchen. I had no idea they had them in Alabama already... :D

Yea, we started out with a "Wood Fired" microwave the first time but recently just got this one that works on electricity.

When I get around to getting the wires run to the house it will be real nice. :p

Back in the seventies there was a lot of activity on making ethenol. A lots of seminars.
I ordered plans for a still from Mother Earth News. I have since lost the plans. Mother Earth has a website and they may still have the plans available.

You know on all these ethanol plants, the law is.... 10% gasoiline must be added to the ethanol immediately. Sooo it's cannot be used for human consumption. :shock: It's a fact.

mnmtranching":rb26ir4l said:
You know on all these ethanol plants, the law is.... 10% gasoiline must be added to the ethanol immediately. Sooo it's cannot be used for human consumption. :shock: It's a fact.

Wouldn't dream of it. :lol:

MikeC":296z96ga said:
mnmtranching":296z96ga said:

Wouldn't dream of it. :lol:

Just one more reason not to do it dilute it. Besides, extensive testing in the pure form should be conducted before it leaves the plant. ;-)

Hey Mike :eek: I know now what you mean when you say you got to busy to go hunting. :lol: ;-)

mnmtranching":2jxkuly7 said:
Hey Mike :eek: I know now what you mean when you say you got to busy to go hunting. :lol: ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts