Making a home in Wyoming.

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been on. Lots of updates but right now we are just trying to settle into Southeast Wyoming. My boyfriend and I ended up getting an apartment and have been trying to navigate school online.

We've been awful lonely. It just hit me that hunting season started and we don't know enough about the state to go out together

There's hardly anything to do with school being closed and this town is much to urban for me. Next year I'm hoping to find a house farther out. At the very least to bring my dog.
We drove to Colorado last week and went to the fairgrounds for a gun show. Getting out made us both super happy.

It's been rough without the cows. I'd like to make some more connections in the surrounding states and plan for next year so I can plan better to build my herd back again.

Just figured I'd check in. Really don't have much to add without the cattle anymore.

You in Laramie? It has been years since I was last there, but you shouldn't have trouble finding someone with cows. They can always use a little free help. And you can play with cows. Too bad Milkmaid isn't here anymore. She did her bachelors degree at Wyoming. She could clue you in on people to look up.

Thanks for the update! That must be rough, moving to a new state then getting quarantined and missing your dog & cattle. I can't imagine taking my college courses online - but that was a loooooong time ago.

I like Fence's idea!

So glad to get the update. Sorry that the move and school and everything had to coincide with this insane Chinese virus crap and the government reactions to it.
I agree to try to find some one with cattle that could use some help.... free help ought to be welcomed if you have some prior experience, which you do, and some common sense, which you have shown in the past..... maybe be able to find a better out of town place to live that way too....
Please post a little bit more.... old friends are better than none when you are so far from home....

Thanks guys. It's nice to be here again. I've been trying to find anyone around here to see. I think next week my boyfriend and I will try and explore Colorado a bit. I've reached out to a couple farms around here and I think the virus is keeping everyone from really wanting to let people around. I've been trying to find a place to get back on horse back but without my horse I haven't gotten anywhere. And at his age I cannot risk him trying to adjust to living here.

Yes we are living in Laramie. I would love to find a place out of town next year.

I've been trying to get down to Texas to see an old friend of mine and have been planning some trips to surrounding states to visit some farm friends that I haven't met in person yet. I guess it's been useful to have online friends now that they are really the closest people I know here.

Downtown Laramie is much to urban for us both. We've been dying to get out and meet people more our speed. I'm hoping next year we can meet more families in the surrounding states. Even if they aren't in the same town I think I'd be happy to drive in order to make friends.

There's been some close calls with fires. The last couple days it hasn't helped my asthma any. I'm not used to fires so I think I'm more concerned than the people I have talked to.

Latest posts