Make IT STOP!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

As I said in Jed's thread.........
I woke up at 4am ---thought I heard a strange noise. Got the light, opened the door and looked all around and went back in, then it hit me what I'd heard-----------"silence". It's stopped raining!!!!

I know there is no dry place for many of our calves to lay down. I dread going out this morning and circling all the hay bales. The heifers are the only herd i really worry about. Luckily, the youngest calf is 2 days old and by then they seem to know to watch where they lay down. Its not freezing either, 50 this morning..that will help too.
Husband and son went to town yesterday. They said it was amazing at how many people were stuck. I guess people have forgotten how soppy we get here. He said one Fedex truck was stuck on the side of the road, apparently trying to make a U turn. Not only was he stuck, but so was the tow truck he called to pull him out. They saw a guy with a truck and hay buggie, he said it couldnt have been any stucker...

So when i get up its pouring rain. Pull up a radar and there is a small blop of rain right over us. Husband took out a cattle guard that was no longer needed in front of the house. Its the only way out from the yard. It cant get any wetter here.

I was driving our gator across a hay field and all of a sudden it was slowing down even though i had the pedal floored. I was like, huh? My phone was dead and i was in the middle of nowhere, miles and miles of mud to walk though if i were to get stuck. It was so close, but i made it though.. Got off the field and onto a cross through in a wooded area. Hit a spot and the gator started sinking. This was the same area we got a horse stuck. THe ground is hard, but in some spots its like quicksand..Horse went to her belly instantly. I was on a horse next to her too and we were on hard ground. It was scary. Horse stayed in that spot for around 30 minutes while we wondered what the heck to do. I was afraid to move off my spot. All of a sudden, horse, Foxy, jumped straight up and was out. Anywho, we dont ride in wooded areas when the ground is really wet..

Woods always retain lots of moisture right below surface. The national forest right across the fence...I won't venture into in wet times even on foot.

2 inches today.. Husband let water trough over flow, i reminded him he left it on and then jokingly complained it was going to be all muddy around it..lol

not raining here, but may as well b. Solid low clouds again, heavy fog this morning. Dew never dried and water still standing from the last rain. Like my flyin car, they promised sun, but I'm still waitin for both.

Clouds gone--sun is out. 74 for today's high but forecast calls for rain again tues, wed, thurs, friday, sat next week.
:(