mahindra tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

cattletom

Reaction score
does anybody have any opinion or information on the mahindra tractors
i have looked at them and they have pretty good prices. im not looking at anything to big ,25-35 hp. i just need something small wiht a small loader to do some small jobs . got a bigger jd for moving hay,etc. just need a litte small 4wd thats dependable for a good price. tommy

Farminlund":35ms0gfs said:
From the "What type tractor" thread on this same board:

i like the mahindra tractors ok

jt

yep i have a 60 hp 4wd..... no complaints... dont know much about the smaller ones..

jt

Mahindra sold 8500 tractors in the USA last year. Their small compacts are made by LG but their utility tractors are made in India. They have a 12.5% market share in the 40-100 HP market. Most of their tractors are in the 40-60 HP range. These are the smaller farmers with hay equipment and livestock. Mahindra tractors come loaded with features the other manufacturers charge extra for. Hats off to Mahindra for making a fine tractor.

Anybody else catch the ad that they ran on ESPN during the National Finals Rodeo back in the winter. Showed a compact Mahindra with a front end loader. It was picking up a similar sized john deere with the front forks and a kubota with the three point. Both were going up at the same time. Assuming it was a stock tractor, it was a pretty good commerical to show off the tractors hydraulic muscle.

Plus, it was good to see them sponsoring the NFR. Used to be Hesston was one of the primary sponsors of the NFR coverage. I guess that went away when AGCO took over. I guess you can still get the Hesston belt buckles though.

Ironpeddler, what's the parts availability like for these tractors? Does everything have to be ordered from overseas, or are there some dealers who keep a pretty good supply of needed parts around? Seems a few yrs back, you could get a Kubota clone fairly cheap, but noone here in the U S was stocking any parts for them. Not sure of the exact brand name, but they were coming over from the Japanese rice farmers, with very little hrs and almost no wear and tear, since most Japenese farms are smaller than American farms,but the parts wouldnt interchange with the U S sold Kubotas.

Eric,
There is a Mahindra parts depot in TX & GA. You will not have a parts problem with any of the Mahindra tractors sold in the last 6 or 7 years. There is a big difference in A Gray market tractor and a established brand with a dealer network. You can not sell 8500 tractors and not have parts and service support. The gray market tractors you speak about have little or no support.

I purchased a Mahindra 5500 in July 03, 2WD w/FE loader. Have no complaints, handles 1500 lb bales on both ends ok (stearing gets a little tight in hard turns with large bale only up front) 10 ft tandam disk, and pasture renavator. :D

I have had a Mahindra 3505 for about 3 years and am pretty well pleased with it. No FEL, but use a spear on 3 pointhitch to lift/move large round bales with no problem, use it for bush hogging, etc.

Have had two minor problems: a power steering leak and a hydralic leak. Dealer took care of both problems. A good local dealer is important with any new tractor purchase.

Latest posts