Magnitude offspring

Help Support CattleToday:

WB Angus

Reaction score
20210806_193041.jpg20210806_192739.jpg20210806_191126.jpg20210806_185017.jpg20210806_185021.jpg
We are liking the build on all of them so far. The bull and B9 are both from Exceed daughters and B3 is out of a Journey daughter. Yes the bull has quite a few warts. They all will be turning one year old at the end of this month. Girls weighed #855 and the bull #1085 last Saturday 7/31

Grass and hay. And they do get a small grain ration once a day. And "Breeders Mineral" tubs.

They look very classy WB, I'd be happy with some like that. How did you find their BW and calving ease, would you use Magnitude on heifers? One of the things that drew me to Magnitude was his grandsire on the Bennetts Southside side, Nichols Extra K205. I had exposure to this bull way about 12 years ago, one of my foundation cows was in calf to him and her calf just looked like a bull from the get go, possibly the best bull I have reared, I used him for cleanup as a yearling and found the strong masculine appearance of his calves was very dominant and I can see that appearance in those bulls of yours.
I was going to use Magnitude a few years ago when he first became available from ABS here but his EBV's for growth were off the planet and I was a bit worried that they might be too big but they have since moderated. He got very little use here and disappeared from the catalogue and I think has just been used commercially. I got my semen reseller to see if he could get some and they dug some up for me at $25 a dose which is pretty cheap for me, I usually have to pay around the $50 mark. I am looking forward to see the results. Thanks for posting those photos WB, very impressive.

Ken

They look very classy WB, I'd be happy with some like that. How did you find their BW and calving ease, would you use Magnitude on heifers? One of the things that drew me to Magnitude was his grandsire on the Bennetts Southside side, Nichols Extra K205. I had exposure to this bull way about 12 years ago, one of my foundation cows was in calf to him and her calf just looked like a bull from the get go, possibly the best bull I have reared, I used him for cleanup as a yearling and found the strong masculine appearance of his calves was very dominant and I can see that appearance in those bulls of yours.
I was going to use Magnitude a few years ago when he first became available from ABS here but his EBV's for growth were off the planet and I was a bit worried that they might be too big but they have since moderated. He got very little use here and disappeared from the catalogue and I think has just been used commercially. I got my semen reseller to see if he could get some and they dug some up for me at $25 a dose which is pretty cheap for me, I usually have to pay around the $50 mark. I am looking forward to see the results. Thanks for posting those photos WB, very impressive.

Ken
You are welcome. We used him on some of our smaller framed cattle and all were born unassisted. I'm thinking all around the 70lb range but the hit ground running. They are all the best growers (daily gainers) of their group up to this point. My dad loves that bull and thinks he's one of the best muscled bulls we've had. We were a little concerned with height but that doesn't look like its going to be an issue. I think you will be happy with him. I'm from the same state as the Mead Farm so access to his semen is readily available. The other bull in the picture is a Bakers Norhside bull.