Domino 3027 offspring pictures?

Help Support CattleToday:

mattnoll

Reaction score
The ABS Hereford bull. Does anyone have pictures of heifers or cows out of him they could post? I see in writing and hear that he's a great maternal bull, but I haven't seen but a couple of his females...and thinking of AIing to him. Thanks you...

I'm just as interested to see them. In NJW 's catalogue their is a very nice yearling son, in fact he's my top pick there.

I really like the Sentinel bull that ABS has out of him. He's not as low BW or as high milk, but then he's just getting calves on the ground. Some pretty impressive farms are using him it sounds like.

A picture won't tell you if a cow is maternal or not, but you might get "some" idea of udder quality. There are pictures in the K&B dispersal catalog of some wet females and he was a definite udder improver there according to the pictures. Sale prices said so too. I've seen some good/hard comparison data elsewhere and he looks excellent for udder quality. Don't know about how well they'll hold up over time. He looked very nice in daughter calving rate and right around breed average for cow sustained fertility.
Personal experience didn't end well with a purchased 3027 daughter as she didn't like the fescue.
I'd expect he'd be on the short list for most all respected cowboys and I'd agree.

mattnoll":3kfme4yl said:
I really like the Sentinel bull that ABS has out of him. He's not as low BW or as high milk, but then he's just getting calves on the ground. Some pretty impressive farms are using him it sounds like.

I looked him up, like him from the naval backwards, really don't like his front third.

I have a 3027 heifer, my first, bad news is she is about 30 hrs old as I type. So I'm pretty interested in this thread and will lurk. I won't waste your or my time with a pic. The dam of this heifer did have a 3027 bull calf last year that I would put at just average steer quality, not bad but not an eye catcher, but good enough to do the breeding again. This heifer will get a couple of extra months on mom so hopefully she is a keeper.

Alan

buymorebulls":2dhmnnrc said:
A picture won't tell you if a cow is maternal or not, but you might get "some" idea of udder quality. There are pictures in the K&B dispersal catalog of some wet females and he was a definite udder improver there according to the pictures. Sale prices said so too. I've seen some good/hard comparison data elsewhere and he looks excellent for udder quality. Don't know about how well they'll hold up over time. He looked very nice in daughter calving rate and right around breed average for cow sustained fertility.
Personal experience didn't end well with a purchased 3027 daughter as she didn't like the fescue.
I'd expect he'd be on the short list for most all respected cowboys and I'd agree.
I would assume the 3027 daughter came from the western part of the country. I would not be too hard on her if she was the right
type and had the good 3027 udder that he appears to produce. If you have the time to wait on her, she will acclimate to the fescue. Years ago when I had my Red Angus herd, I moved some Buffalo Creek Red Angus heifers to KY and they absolutly suffered
that first summer. They did go ahead and make some nice cows but I let them have a chance to acclimate. Hardest thing is to get
two year olds to bred back that first year.

buymorebulls":36vtjt85 said:
Personal experience says a percentage of them will never adapt, unfortunately.
I always encourage local cattlemen to at least try and select cattle from their area, your right,
some never will adapt. Back to the original question, would like to see some 3027 progeny as well.

Latest posts