magazines about beef cattle and hay

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeerefarmer

Reaction score
Are their any other magazines besides these, that are about beef and/or hay/forage production?

Progressive Farmer
Texas farmer stockman
BEEF
The Cattleman (Texas/SW CattleRaisers Assn)
National Cattleman (National Cattleman's Beef Assn)
Hay and Forage Grower

Gulf Coast Cattleman:

Gulf Coast Publishing
11201 Morning Ct.
San Antonio, TX 78213
Ph. 210.344.8300
Web Site: Currently under construction.

Crowderfarms":3fbjge44 said:
Gulf Coast Cattleman:

Gulf Coast Publishing
11201 Morning Ct.
San Antonio, TX 78213
Ph. 210.344.8300
Web Site: Currently under construction.

Thanks.....................

CopeMan":e7jt29dq said:
Is the Cattle Today a pretty good magazine? Good articles? Colorful ads?
I've gotten it for a long time, even though I'm nowhere near the Gulf Coast. I like to see how things are done elsewhere. Good articles anyone can put to use anywhere.

Crowderfarms":12ex7x40 said:
CopeMan":12ex7x40 said:
Is the Cattle Today a pretty good magazine? Good articles? Colorful ads?
I've gotten it for a long time, even though I'm nowhere near the Gulf Coast. I like to see how things are done elsewhere. Good articles anyone can put to use anywhere.

Cattle Today or Gulf Coast Cattleman?

Crowderfarms":14i4chv5 said:
Sorry Cope. Cattle Today is excellent. I cant believe your're on these boards and dont get Cattle Today...

I know...lol. Im am going to be moving in the future and have hesitated to wait, so I I dont have to go through all the Adress Change stuff. When I do I have several magazines in mind. How thick are the Cattle Today Magazines? Are they like a newsletter or a good quality magazine?

CopeMan":1vphzq2g said:
Crowderfarms":1vphzq2g said:
Sorry Cope. Cattle Today is excellent. I cant believe your're on these boards and dont get Cattle Today...

I know...lol. Im am going to be moving in the future and have hesitated to wait, so I I dont have to go through all the Adress Change stuff. When I do I have several magazines in mind. How thick are the Cattle Today Magazines? Are they like a newsletter or a good quality magazine?
Cope, I'm reluctantly going to answer your question. Sure you're not setting me up for something? :lol: First off, Cattle Today is set up like a newspaper. It's printed on newsprint. Has plenty of color, plenty of black and white too, Has lots of sale ads, and sale results.Good articles too.If I'm not mistaken, they own these boards too. Do yourself a favor, subscribe to it, and when you move, i'm sure you'll still get your issues.

I just called Drovers and requested a free subscription. A vary nice lady(Name withheld :) ) said that I needed to have at least a hundred head to qualify for the free subscription.

I asked her if there was somebody named Caustic Burno on her board of directors.(No I didn't) :lol: Humor and Respect Intended Caustic.

Bret

Go to there website and request a free subscription. I surely dont have 100 head and I get it free every month.

The nice lady at Drovers emailed this reply to me. What follows was my fun response that I would have liked to have sent back.(It is intended to be humerous) "You're a great crowd. Try the veal. I'll be here all week"

Thank you for your recent request for a free subscription to Drovers magazine.

Drovers is sent free of charge to qualified subscribers who are located in the United States. It is a free subscription because it is paid by advertisers looking to advertise in trade publications that reach producers who qualify based on the number of cows, stockers or fed cattle or those closely allied to the beef industry. Independent auditors check carefully to ensure that we are following strict qualification guidelines.

Although your recent request indicates that you do not qualify for a free subscription, we appreciate your interest in Drovers and would be happy to start a paid subscription for you. Below is a half price subscription offer. To order a subscription, please press "reply" on your browser, then fill in your payment and mailing address information as indicated below. Or, if you prefer, you can print this message, then fill it out and fax it to us at 913-438-0674. Your subscription will be processed immediately upon receipt and will start with the first available issue.

Drovers also publishes a weekly FREE email newsletter called Drovers Alert. To subscribe, go to http://www.drovers.com and click on Drovers Alert under quick links.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Subscription Options:

/__/ Yes, send me 12 issues (one year) of Drovers.
I understand cost is $29.94. HALF OFF the regular price of $59.88.

/__/ Yes, send me 24 issues (two years) of Drovers.
I understand cost is $59.88. HALF OFF the regular price of $99.76.

YES, start my subscription as indicated and charge my VISA, MasterCard or AMEX
(Please circle one, then enter the following information)

_____________ Amount to be charged
_____________ Expiration date of card
_____________ =Account number on card
_____________ =Name on cardholder

Send my magazine to this address:

Name:
Farm/Company Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip:

Thank you for your subscription order.

:shock: :eek: :D ;-)

Dear Mam,
Thank you for taking time to contact me and helping me face the truth about my cattle operation. I will contact you again in the future when my herd swells to one hundred head.(May I include the dung beatles as part of my herd. No...wait...I don't have those yet. And that would not be the Cowboy Way.)

If I sign up for the Not Cattle Ranching Business and agree not to produce 1000 head this year may I qualify for the free subscription then?

Thank you also for helping me to take a seriouse look at my reading time budget. I understand that with the 90 extra minutes of heat detection every day, that I havn't touched my Prairie Farmer and Blessed Field and Stream waiting for me on the couch(plus others in the 8 inch stack) that I really shouldn't take on any more, especially until I get the upstairs toilet tank flush valve repaired, and the new fence built west of the barn, and..... ;-)

Sincerely, :cboy:
Bret

CopeMan":2976nr63 said:
Go to there website and request a free subscription. I surely dont have 100 head and I get it free every month.

I can't seem to get a free subscription to Drovers either. Guess I don't need to read it that bad.