Made in China Crap!

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Went to hardware store today to get a couple latches to put on chain around gates. Could only find crap that was made in China. One of them broke right in my hand as I was fiddling with it.

Outsourcing Jobs to China for economic reasons has become a way of life we have to live with. But why can they not outsource quality with it?

The economic hit of Loosing our Jobs to outsourcing might not be the biggest problem we face. Maybe the biggest problem we face is we will no longer be able to have anything of quality in our lives.

If American plants shut down and we can only get China made goods how will we ever own anything nice? How will we ever be able to trust that our metal building does not fall in on us since it was made with bots made in China.

If they are going to take Jobs from America at least give us the same quality goods in return.

Ok enough venting

:mad: :mad:

Wasn't all that long ago and we heard the same thing about Japan

dun":1iuu6p04 said:
Wasn't all that long ago and we heard the same thing about Japan

That's interesting since I been a legal adult Japan stuff has always been good quality. If they use to be like China then I hope china follows there example and turns around their quality and start giving us some good stuff like Japan did.

What it requires is the company having the stuff made there, or anywhere for that matter, to meet quality control standards. No different in the American auto industry. Japan forced the big 2 1/2, I have a hard time considering dodge/chrisyler as a whole, to start making vehicles that wouldn;t fall apart after 2 years. Didn;t used to see many vehicles that ran for 100k miles without major work. Now if they don;t last 120k without problems we consider them a lemon.

Good point Dun. When I was a kid, if you got a X-mas present that was made in Japan you must have been bad cause it was junk. Toys, cars everything they made was junk - now you think of their products as quality. They sure made the american auto makers get off their cans.

The US sent several advisors to Japan in the 50's and 60's to turn the Japan economy around and help them build a manufacturing base.

Making quality products was the main focus.

Looks like they did a good job. They probably make more products than we do now. :roll:

I agree the Chinese crap is junk.

It's the Wal mart mentality rearing it's ugly head.

Auto's are an improvement for sure.

Dishwashers, washing machines, toilets, light bulbs, are all junk nowadays. I think they build them so they will have to be replaced regularly. We have even bought the expensive dishwashers and they don't clean. Makes me mad. Our other place has an old dishwasher and old toilet and I was so happy when I saw that. I think the realtor probably thought I was nuts.

MikeC":39usgl7t said:
The US sent several advisors to Japan in the 50's and 60's to turn the Japan economy around and help them build a manufacturing base.

Looks like they did a good job. They probably make more products than we do now. :roll:

I didn't spend a penny at wic-mart this Christmas.

ollie'":2a3evd2q said:
MikeC":2a3evd2q said:

I haven't graced a Wal Mart door in over 4 years. If my wife does, she keeps it from me.

MikeC":11q88hks said:
ollie'":11q88hks said:
MikeC":11q88hks said:

I haven't graced a Wal Mart door in over 4 years. If my wife does, she keeps it from me.
I want to be just like you Mike when I get to be old and toothless. :lol:

This Wal-mart versus Mom and Pop is something that won't go away anytime soon. We do our best to avoid W-M as much as possible. Might spend a little more for some stuff, but I feel we're doing the right thing. I think some folks are addicted to W-M just like gambling, etc. Boone

Gate Opener":166aly63 said:

Dishwashers, washing machines, toilets, light bulbs, are all junk nowadays. I think they build them so they will have to be replaced regularly. We have even bought the expensive dishwashers and they don't clean. Makes me mad. Our other place has an old dishwasher and old toilet and I was so happy when I saw that. I think the realtor probably thought I was nuts.

My old dishwasher does as good of a job as she did the day I married her.
Part of the problem with toilets is the gov stepped in and mandated they all be water savers. I don;t understand how they can save water when ittakes 2 or more flushes to do what 1 flush used to. The only true water saver I've seen is "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down"

dun

dun":pnn42375 said:
Gate Opener":pnn42375 said:

Part of the problem with toilets is the gov stepped in and mandated they all be water savers. I don;t understand how they can save water when ittakes 2 or more flushes to do what 1 flush used to. The only true water saver I've seen is "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down"

dun

lol.....King of the Hill had an episode about this once. It was hilarious. And yep I watch cartoons. If anyone has never seen King of the Hill with Hank Hill in it, you have to watch it.

He is a conservative Texan and it is so funny!

Americans had better wake up we are becoming a country that produces nothing.

This is part of the One World order.
We are quickly losing our identity, we have elected officals wanting to swear oaths on the Koran.
We have the liberal media trying to make you think it is OK to be a sexual pervert.

The next war we fight may well be here trying to reclaim what is ours.

MikeC":2akrpiu2 said:

Wonder if them guys are still around, maybe we could hire them to help us build a manufacturing base. :lol:

aplusmnt":10s25kbc said:
dun":10s25kbc said:
Gate Opener":10s25kbc said:

dun

lol.....King of the Hill had an episode about this once. It was hilarious. And yep I watch cartoons. If anyone has never seen King of the Hill with Hank Hill in it, you have to watch it.

He is a conservative Texan and it is so funny!

Hank is my man! That's a great show. Every post I read from a Texan, I think of Hank and Boomhauer and Dale and Peggy.
:lol:

Am I remembering correctly? Years ago, wasn't part of WalMart's marketing strategy what they sold was "Made in the USA?" Bygone days...

Alice

dun":2wonhxkk said:
Gate Opener":2wonhxkk said:

dun

Dun, you are something else :)

I've thought about putting an outhouse near the barn at the other place. I must be part hillbilly. Do any of you have an outhouse?

Latest posts