Macon's Smoked Deer Sausage

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
I just wanted to let you folks know that Macon's recipie for smoked sausage is really good!!!

Being a yankee I didn't have any cajun seasoning. But I did have some seasoning that La4angus gave me. That seemed to work just fine.

Great recipe Macon.

How many other folks have recipies that they'd be willing to share for venision?

warpaint":1795klt2 said:
Cert, I could give ya my recipe, but then I'd have to kill ya!! :lol:

By the way, Lloyd may not be Cajun, but he's darn close. :D
Dangit. Who let the cat outta the bag.

cypressfarms":mfzzjk55 said:
Anyone south of Alexandria has the right to claim their cajun!
I'd have to say from Mamou, La on down. The twang reaches as far south as Pine Praire, La. I,ve also been told that since I live north of I-10 that I'm a fresh water coonass!

cypressfarms":2d4d8wb1 said:

Anyone who goes back to Acadia, is kin to me. Got the pedigree all the way back. Aint met a Cajun yet (true blue) who wasn't kin.

Now I run into folks all the time "from Louisiana" claiming to be Cajun who aren't.

chrisy":3pegmytq said:
cypressfarms":3pegmytq said:

if your from Amite LA, would that make you Cajun????????????
I would say no; Amite is east of Baton Rouge and pretty much out of the range of cajun country. Look up Acadiana on the net, and that group of parishes is where you will find the majority of the cajuns. With a few exceptions of course.

jfont":wvi5xmlr said:
chrisy":wvi5xmlr said:
cypressfarms":wvi5xmlr said:

if your from Amite LA, would that make you Cajun????????????
I would say no; Amite is east of Baton Rouge and pretty much out of the range of cajun country. Look up Acadiana on the net, and that group of parishes is where you will find the majority of the cajuns. With a few exceptions of course.

Thanks for that, I will do.

Latest posts