maaco screwed the wifes truck and dont care

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
99 4runner the wife bought new. faded out the paint..its ot 175k on it. still a great truck. good inside so we figure were gonna keep it forever and were gonna git it painted
well the paint jobs we wanted cost 3-5k. so the shop im in good with tells me to see the maaco shop down the road as he painter is actaully pretty good and since the truck didnt need any body work it oughtta come out nice
well the piant came out prety good. smooth shiney and you can read yer watch in it 5 ft away

except the truck was forest green when we took it in and it is so dark a green now everyone thinks we painted it black. so i figured thats okay...i can live with it and the wife will get used to it.

truck was detailed 2 days ago so its got some dust on it and generally looks like its been in a body shop for 2 days. well we take it home and 2 days later when we wash it its got over spray from something yellow on it. looked like dust but its overspray. the shop manager saw it when i picked it up and said it would just wash off...we were thinkin it was dust ...

so they tell me they aint gonna do anyhting about either issue. the color or the overspray. i take it to corporate maaco and they aint doing nothin but telling me the shop will pay 200 towards getting it buffed off...if i do it in thier shop. well it aint ever going back there so...apparently maaco is a frnachise..

the fight has begun...soon as this made the facebook page my phone started ringing..literally 5 mins after i posted it

updates to come as they roll in

i know ya git what ya pay for but i expected to get what i paid for..not what they wanted to give me for what i paid

gary

You went in and only paid for a regular paint job. They did a fade job for free and you are complaining? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe just have them buff their over spray off your truck. I would think 200.00 should cover the bill. Take pictures of the truck because they will probably screw it up again. If you don't like the way they buff it out call the cops and make a report, also tell the BBB they won't like that. But one redneck to the other, just have a buddy fix'em up. I'am sure you have some faithfull friends on face book.

i feel for you but we all have to live an learn.had that happen when the dealer sprayed some new paint sealant on a truck after it peeled off.

dun":v68awqga said:
ALACOWMAN":v68awqga said:
im Earl Scheib,, ill paint any car, any color.. for $99.95
When did the price go up? Used to be $49.95

Had Earl paint a Mailbu for me in 1972. They did a great job then parked it outside still sticky and the Cottonwood trees were shedding cotton. When I complained they laughed and said that after it was out the door it was my problem. For 49.95 what are ya going to say! :cry2:

I've come to realise that I did not get the car guy gene that most men have. I think it's related to the sports gene which I'm also lacking.
I tend to think of $49.95 on a QUALITY paint job for a car as a complete waste of money. Cars are money pits no matter how you look at it so what's the point in getting bent out of shape over an investment that was piss poor to begin with?

cow pollinater":27edfl8p said:
I've come to realise that I did not get the car guy gene that most men have. I think it's related to the sports gene which I'm also lacking.
I tend to think of $49.95 on a QUALITY paint job for a car as a complete waste of money. Cars are money pits no matter how you look at it so what's the point in getting bent out of shape over an investment that was be nice poor to begin with?
My dad felt the same way so we painted his 38 plymouth with interior house paint. When it rained (we lived in Seattle) the white chalk would cover the windsield and windows. He drove it like that for 4-5 years and it finally stopped

Actually the painters at the cheap shops are some of the best around. They have to be to get good even coverage on some of the worst products out there. The key is to get the better grade of paint maaco sells 3 grades of sherwin williams paint. their top of the line grade is compairable to ppg or dupont which are the 2 leading brands of non custom paint. As far as the mess up. if you can live with color go to napa and pick up some 3M fine cut rubbing compound and take it off your self. Most hotrods are had finished anyways.

the point of this thread was so yall would shy away from maaco

whatever. if ya think its fine to pay 1300 bucks for something that isnt what ya wanted..then so be it. i think thats alotta money..guess im running in the wrong crowd

if it was a 1300$ cow that wouldnt breed yall would be having a fit fit

Forget the BBB. Businesses pay to be on there and get good ratings. Go on Angie's List and nail their butts in front of everyone. Also go to P*ssed Off Consumer.

Know what you are talking about Gary. I got the shaft on a job done on my '71 Nova. Guy was suppose to remove the dents, strip the paint, primer it and re-paint it.
Instead he put 3000 miles on it, lost parts, removed the one dent, did not remove the old paint and just primered and painted over the old paint. New paint is peeling off.
Lost the good luck charm that was in there too.
Had to call the cops to get my car back. Paid the sob $5000.00
Going to run me around $3200.00 just get it back into the condition It was in when I gave it to him.
Found out he has done this to numerous other people and I found out where he was meeting them. Word is now out.

yeah...i never did a maaco before. they did a good enough job on my jetta beater commuter so i figured i pay twice as much itll be twice as good...um..nope..twice as bad

Latest posts