M-5

Help Support CattleToday:

You were lucky and/or as you said, 'someone' was watching over you.
I've dealt with several downed trees or tops like that....never climbed up in one to delimb it tho. I just cut it's 'legs' off a little at a time from the ground. Takes longer and way easy to get the bar pinched but I ain't very good at flying.

greybeard said:
You were lucky and/or as you said, 'someone' was watching over you.
I've dealt with several downed trees or tops like that....never climbed up in one to delimb it tho. I just cut it's 'legs' off a little at a time from the ground. Takes longer and way easy to get the bar pinched but I ain't very good at flying.
I'm great at flying...but my landing needs work...

WOW, you are lucky.... your guardian angel might be ready to go find someone "safer" to watch over. Thank goodness it wasn't worse, and hope that the trip to the orthopedic dr isn't anything bad either. Second the idea of the harness for no more than it costs.....

I think you must be part cat Dash. Don't use up all 9 lives too quick. But then again, cats land on their feet! You just be more careful. I'm glad you escaped with what looks to be no serious damage. Boy, that could have ended so many other ways. None of which are good.

M-5 said:
More CT scans today. Still saying nothing is broken. Chest is my biggest issue at this point. These 2 paint markers were in my bib pocket.

They may have saved you....

I know this is an in-material question and not very important, but was the saw alright?

jltrent said:
I know this is an immaterial question and not very important, but was the saw alright?

Yes , I had on my new glasses and they are a little lighter than my work pair a little limb caught the corner and flicked them off my head. I switched the saw off layed it in the y and was going to climb down get my glasses and move a couple of grapple fulls out of the way. It was a little steeper to go down the trunk and I said that's not safe I will drop down to lower limb about 3 feet and then go down the trunk. I hugged the limb so I couldn't see and All I can figure is without my glasses my depth perception was off and when I let go to land on the limb there was nothing there . My son went u p and got the saw so she didn't have to spend the night outside in the cold.

M-5 said:
jltrent said:
I know this is an immaterial question and not very important, but was the saw alright?

Yes , I had on my new glasses and they are a little lighter than my work pair a little limb caught the corner and flicked them off my head. I switched the saw off layed it in the y and was going to climb down get my glasses and move a couple of grapple fulls out of the way. It was a little steeper to go down the trunk and I said that's not safe I will drop down to lower limb about 3 feet and then go down the trunk. I hugged the limb so I couldn't see and All I can figure is without my glasses my depth perception was off and when I let go to land on the limb there was nothing there . My son went u p and got the saw so she didn't have to spend the night outside in the cold.

Thank goodness.......

Your help is needed M5 :p . Hope you had a :bday: .

20190130-094837.jpg

Got a call late yesterday after the radiologist read my CT scan and I am heading to Dr this morning to have my arm cast. Said I had 2 fracture in my elbow but they were aligned enough not to need surgery. I guess that explains the grinding I heard before the swelling stopped the range of motion.

Latest posts