Luck! All bad

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Took the grandson to Fort Worth zoo. Came home to no water. Submersible pump mcc fried. Replaced it. Pump came back on then shut down. Bad rotor is the indication I get. Probably not a big thing to you people who only have to pull 100 feet or less of pipe.

Decided to load some calves. What a mess. Got them sorted finally and in the trailer. Pulled forward and the trailer gate blew open. Jail break! Rounded them up but the pens were out of the question. - for today.

Lightening hit an old growth black jack oak. Dead center of my fence was the path it took.

What next!!!

Zoo was good. Crowded. Had to park in an auxiliary lot. Pasture. The long walk probably did me good. It was a cool day so the animals were moving around. Grandson loved it. The other two (the ones I am raising) were with their mother. It gave me a whole day of one on one time with this one. He is 2 1/2.

Ate at Papadeaux while I was in Fort Worth. I ate too much.

Got home to no water so I went skinny dipping in the little pool just to rinse the funk off. It was cold. I haven't skinny dipped in years. That was funny.

Missing work tomorrow. I called the well crew to have them pull the pump. That's gonna cost a few nickels. Then I will cut up that oak tree. Firewood for the winter. Maybe a face cord or better.

Will not bore you with mine - suffice to say it cost me 16,000 bucks, a tonne of sweat and labour over the past three days, I reek of schitte smell, I am tired of it and I have another three days to go in the yard - and it will take me at least 6 months to a year get everything back to normal

I am pretty grumpy and the old girl is avoiding me for the moment - probably a good thing.

I need a vacation.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow

Bez__

We had an old house where we built 40 years ago. I am guessing it was built in the 1870's. It was all heart pine. It had a jet pump. The galvanized
pipe going to the ground water was about 14' long. My father and I pulled the pipe using a prize pole and fulcrum to change the filter screen.
My house is on top of a small hill, and we used this water supply for about 15 years. We now have community water. As you can see, we have a very
high water table. I checked the pipe last summer and found water about 10 ft. deep.
I know you had a great time with your grandchild, there is nothing like them. The zoo must be in a good part of Fort Worth.

Boogie if it gets too rough you can always sell out and buy a nice lot with city water. :hide:
As far as tree's on fences go that is everyday life around here.
Three hundred sixty degrees in a circle and a tree will always pick the direction to
do the most damage.

Bez__":1lcs3of6 said:
Will not bore you with mine - suffice to say it cost me 16,000 bucks, a tonne of sweat and labour over the past three days, I reek of schitte smell, I am tired of it and I have another three days to go in the yard - and it will take me at least 6 months to a year get everything back to normal

I am pretty grumpy and the old girl is avoiding me for the moment - probably a good thing.

I need a vacation.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow

Bez__

I'd like to hear your story Bez, that is if you'd like to unload it here.

New pump installed. Should be good to go for several years.

Firewood stacked for winter. Still have a stack to split hauled to the house already. It's green so I'll let it season a bit.

The old fence is better than its been in years. All slack is gone out of the wires.

Backhoe,

We pulled ours,(no water) 350 feet by hand.
Next morning no water, pulled again, pump fried, wire all nicked up.
replaced 2nd pump,,,that was over a month ago, fingers crossed.

Better than a water bill in Detroit.

Only gets better!!

I've pulled a couple by hand. Back in my younger days.

Father-in-law dropped a pump and two sticks of pipe back down the hole. What a mess. I went over and helped him fish it out and that was no fun. Since then, I have let the professionals handle it.

Latest posts