LS XP8101CPS or NH T5.110

Help Support CattleToday:

CowsEatGrass

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I currently have a 2001 TS110 open station. It is a good running fairly heavy tractor that is good for my rolling pastures here in Middle Tennessee. I pull a 12' bush hog easily and move 5x6 or 6x6 rolls with no issue in the mud during the heavy rains. I could pull 5x5 hay roller in the future.

I do not need a newer tractor, I WANT one with a cab. I have narrowed it down to these two tractors for my area. There dealers close by with good service support for each one of them. Now the NH is going to cost a lot more, but your paying for name brand there(I find it ironic that LS makes most of the smaller NH tractors up to about 60hp).

Ideally I want a FEL, 4x4, cab with syncro shuttle and power forward/reverser on the left side steering column.

Today I was talking to a Branson dealer who told me that they are coming out with a 97hp and a 117hp or 127hp. This dealer is only 20 minutes away and I know they have superior service. He ball parked the 117hp to be between 55k - 60k.

I appreciate any and all feedback/remarks from ya'll

Thank you

We had an LS, probably a 2010 model year, about 110 hp. We traded it on a T5.115. The LS was a decent little tractor, very similar to the NH. The NH is a more solidly built tractor, the front wheel drive setup on the LS is cheaply put together and we worked on that a few times.
The LS had the electronic 2 speeds in every gear which was nice, the NH we got doesn't have that option and I miss it.

Your TS tractor is a very nice tractor. I would keep it over a new LS.

I sat down with the NH dealer today and he offer me $81,000 for the T5.110 2018 model. I made no attempt to negotiate as I just wanted to see what his lowest offer would be. He is supposed to call me in a few days with a deal(unhuh). I am guessing most dealerships mark up their new tractors at least 10 - 15% for negotiations.

Silver thank you for your response about your LS tractor. That is the kind of information I was looking for. I had a feeling their tractors would be made cheaper with inferior parts for their low price.

True Grit my neighbor has a Kubota M5 111 and I have used it 15-20 times. That tractor bounces all over the place. It seems very lightweight compared to my TS110.

ddd75 At this point I believe you are very correct!

i have about 1500 hours experience on a LS tractor *(McCormick 2010).

The first mccormicks with the perkins *early 2000's were pretty good.. then they swapped to copycat Mitsubishi engines. I had one with a copycat engine. It ran good and did what I needed.. It was very light and wanted to flip over all the time (cab with small front tires - 50hp)

I had it started POURING out oil at around 1200 hours.. They had to retool the line in france to make a new engine block for it since they weren't even making that engine anymore. I imagine the only reason they did it was because it was under warranty. Out of warranty i tink i'd be out of luck.

Anyway... That was a 4 month repair and they did give me a loaner tractor *good dealer* until mine was fixed.

So it worked out but I sold it right after it was fixed. I bought a JD. I know parts will always be available..

the older NH's like you have are VERY nice tractors.. the new ones.. eehhh.. My old neighbor was ALL NH evertyhing.. he bought a new 80 or so HP tractor from them... thing is a POS IMO. has a 'back up beeper' and the PTO shuts off if you lift off the seat.. all sorts of stupid crap.

ddd75 thank you for your insightful explanations of your experiences with LS tractors. The more I read about them and hear peoples experiences the more I am leaning towards another NH tractor. I have not tested a JD that didn't bounce excessively. I haven't had many experiences with Kubota thus far, but have heard several stories about them being to lightweight and bouncy.

At this point I would probably be better off if I found another TS110 with a cab, 4x4, and a loader.

CowsEatGrass":3o5buafe said:
ddd75 thank you for your insightful explanations of your experiences with LS tractors. The more I read about them and hear peoples experiences the more I am leaning towards another NH tractor. I have not tested a JD that didn't bounce excessively. I haven't had many experiences with Kubota thus far, but have heard several stories about them being to lightweight and bouncy.

At this point I would probably be better off if I found another TS110 with a cab, 4x4, and a loader.

Any tractor will be bouncy compared to your TS 110, that's a big heavy tractor. A Kubota M6, and JD 6 series is more in line with what you have now. New Holland changed engines, transmissions, hydraulics back and forth a few times for no apparent reason. Service - parts is the only reason I didn't buy one.

Ride control is a great option, really takes the bounce out. Might not be available in these little tractors, I don't know. We had it on a T7.210, but not on the new T7.230 and I miss it. The suspended cab does help.

We have a Maxxum 110 that is a bucking bronco. It's the roughest riding tractor I've ever spent time on. Short wheelbase and liquid ballast in the rear tires.

The cab is nice and roomy and the A/C works pretty good.

Reliability has been so-so. 4300 hours now and it's needed a hydraulic pump, remote valve cables, transmission calibration (supposed to be done every 1000 hours, can only be done by the dealer), lift pump, hood latch, brake rebuild, a blower motor, and I had to clean the evaporator once.

Any tractor will be bouncy compared to your TS 110, that's a big heavy tractor. A Kubota M6, and JD 6 series is more in line with what you have now. New Holland changed engines, transmissions, hydraulics back and forth a few times for no apparent reason. Service - parts is the only reason I didn't buy one.

Both the Kubota M6 and JD 6 series are very expensive. Now I wish I could find a 2001+ TS110 with a cab, FEL, and 4x4. I have a service department close by that has a good reputation (I feel lucky that I have not needed to use them yet!).

I am starting to think that these newer tractors aren't made as well as they used to be from all of the stories I have heard about them.

CowsEatGrass":3k5xct0d said:

Both the Kubota M6 and JD 6 series are very expensive. Now I wish I could find a 2001+ TS110 with a cab, FEL, and 4x4. I have a service department close by that has a good reputation (I feel lucky that I have not needed to use them yet!).

I am starting to think that these newer tractors aren't made as well as they used to be from all of the stories I have heard about them.
thats why old iron still brings big prices.

I went to look at a 2002 TS110 yesterday, but they sold it the day before I showed up. They didn't take it off their website yet. So I test drove 4 different tractors. The one I like the best is a 2012 T6020 Elite model it is pretty much fully loaded with features including a suspended cab. Driving it on the road at max speed there was barely a bounce. I took it into a lot with potholes and bumps not much bounce either. It weighs 11000 pounds without weights or the back tires filled. It is pricey! The only way I could justify spending that amount is by telling myself that is the last tractor I would be buying.

Does anyone have any experience with a 2012 NH T6020 or close year to that?

Latest posts