LS tractors???

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I have no experience in LS tractors, I am wanting a 50 hp range utility tractor and saw their ad. A K5055 2wd with loader for around $19,000 new. Not even saw one but off brand worries me for parts and resale if need be. I have seen a lot of used tractor that are really rough for about the same money. I just wondered if these were any good.

They've made farmtrac, new Holland (the tiny ones), Montana, McCormack. Like you already know.......Parts and service are your concern.

If you just want to sit rolls on and off a trailer, these on some good old heavy made American steel, will do that.

I really think one is better off to stick with the 3 in long run deere, Kubota, cnh. I would rather have older in these, but that just me. Those scissors do work too.

An old JD 3020 with power shift, a bucket and bale spear would give a lot more tractor for a lot less money.
Bought ours a 1968 diesel in April 1969, 47 years ago and still running strong. One of the best buys we ever made.

Kubota has good finance option if you want new very fuel efficient otherwise i would try lookimg around localy for older tractor from someone everybody knows,i bought 806 last year 6000 ,in great shape only 3500 original hrs barn kept !i did however buy new 2wd 50 hp kubota 10 yr ago 0% through kubota love it just wished id gotten front wheel assist ! im color blind so make dont mater grew up on allis an oliver,price an durability !most of all dollars i got to spend !i can say i bought one new tractor in my life . happiest day ever was when it was pd off !

I bought a LS XR4046H almost two years ago and don't know how I got along without it. Not had any problems. Has a five year warranty.
Moves a lot of hay quickly. My father in law and brother in law are strictly green. But they are impressed with how much tractor I got for the money.

fil is talking about getting one. I love the hydrostat sure is a lot easier.

mooo":3u688thp said:
Kubota has good finance option if you want new very fuel efficient otherwise i would try lookimg around localy for older tractor from someone everybody knows,i bought 806 last year 6000 ,in great shape only 3500 original hrs barn kept !i did however buy new 2wd 50 hp kubota 10 yr ago 0% through kubota love it just wished id gotten front wheel assist ! im color blind so make dont mater grew up on allis an oliver,price an durability !most of all dollars i got to spend !i can say i bought one new tractor in my life . happiest day ever was when it was pd off !

I looked around for a year or more for a good used tractor. Saw a lot of tractors I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. Saw some good ones that sold for a pretty price.

In the end I bit the bullet and bought a new mfwd 105 hp Kubota and have no regrets. Since I bought my tractor, another half dozen like mine have showed up around the neighborhood. Also a couple JDs and a couple NHs.

Bought the loader outright for cash. Did the 0% thing for 5 yrs through Kubota for the tractor. Just over halfway through now. It will be a happy day when the tractor is paid off :banana:

I
looked around for a year or more for a good used tractor. Saw a lot of tractors I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole. Saw some good ones that sold for a pretty price.

In the end I bit the bullet and bought a new mfwd 105 hp Kubota and have no regrets. Since I bought my tractor, another half dozen like mine have showed up around the neighborhood. Also a couple JDs and a couple NHs.

Bought the loader outright for cash. Did the 0% thing for 5 yrs through Kubota for the tractor. Just over halfway through now. It will be a happy day when the tractor is paid off :banana:
:banana: :banana:

Sorry it took me a while littletom, I have around 250 hours on it. I used it in the woods a bunch last winter dragging out tree tops for firewood. Hydro is really nice in tight quarters.
I have a dealer I have all the confidence in the world in. I haven't had any issues other than the draw bar was missing and I didn't notice for 6 months and he just handed me a new one and said "don't sell this one on ebay and expect to get another one".
He was joking, for the solemn ones on here.....

From what I understand all Case and New Holland less than 50 or 60 hp are built by LS which is a part of LG. So Im not too worried about LG going anywhere

Latest posts