Lower quality cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe. But back when my first steer went to the butcher, it was some awesome eating steak. There were darn few cows in the pasture back then. My career has had me traveling to a whole bunch of places in the U.S. over the past couple of decades. I am already scheduled for 4 trips this year. When I got to coastal regions, I'll be eating fresh seafood. Other than that, I'll get a steak or two.

I don't buy in to this theory one iota. Furthermore, I am convinced that some could come to my house and eat a home grown prime steak and make excuses or claim it wasn't really grown here.

Many of you started small with few head. Ask yourself how good the animal was to eat?

I ahve had "prime rib" on a cruise ship that wasn't fit for dog food. Don't know where it came from but somebody ought to be ashamed.

backhoe

The word prime in prime rib, does not indicate quality grade, it designates that it is one of eight primal cuts. That prime rib you you ate, probably came out of a select or standard carcass from region 6.

greengrasscattle":1xb48st6 said:
backhoe

The word prime in prime rib, does not indicate quality grade, it designates that it is one of eight primal cuts. That prime rib you you ate, probably came out of a select or standard carcass from region 6.

I surmise it came from a water buffalo that fell off of a mountain roadway the year before. "look, this part can still be salvaged" :D

Latest posts