Lost a very dear old friend today.

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Luke was part of the family. Dad got him for his birthday 13 years ago. Luke was a boxer and him and Pop were very close. Over the last year he had aged a lot and mostly laid by the fireplace or in the shop while Pop worked. We had family pictures a little over a month ago and he was in them and had a few special ones with just him and Pop, and him and Mom and Pop. On September 6th I was at Pops loading up some farm equipment on a trailer and Luke was standing with my 2 year old son while I worked. When I finished I put my son in the truck and we left. Mom and Pop were out of town that day and when they got back Luke was no where to be found. Pop searched for a few days but he was so old we figured there was no way he could have gone far. His trips the last year have just been from the shop to the house. He just couldn't get around real well and didn't see too good. Pop was having a lot of dozer work done so we figured the dozer operator didn't see him and pushed him up in a pile. It was pretty somber for a week.
Well, three days ago dad got a call from a neighbor, said he had found Luke in his pasture, but he didn't have the strength to go any where. Said he was laying by a cow that had died in his pasture. He had been gone for over a month. No one had seen him and we had checked with every neighbor. He was skin and bones. They brought him home and put him in his customary place by the fire. He didn't have the strength to go on and kept Pop up for the last three knights. This morning they had him put down and buried him on the hill up from the house. At least Pop got to say goodby. We will miss him and especially Pop.

I know how hard it is to lose a family member like that, we have a 13 year old lab that was my dog, but grew up with my boys as they matured into young men and spent their last years in our house. She's on her last legs and loosing this girl will hurt, too many good memories with this dog. So it hits close to home because I know it's coming soon. Sorry for your and your dads lost.

Alan

Sorry to hear about the passing of Luke Iso .

My mom lost her beloved dog last month. His illness came on very fast ,as did his death . It is hard on everyone no matter the circumstances as those 4 legged family members are such an important part of our lives .

Sincere condolences to your parents.

Boxers are generally some of the best tempered dogs you'll find. Our kid's day care has a couple we see everyday when we drop her off. Not much is sadder than seeing someone lose a trusted friend. Sorry for your loss.

Latest posts