Looks like its going to be an early fall.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like there down here too. I talked to a custom applicator yesterday and he said mon. and tues. he sprayed 400 acres for worms. Has anyone used the product Dimilin for armyworms?

Dimilin works good if it is put out before they hatch. If they've hatched you'll be very disappointed. JMO

Dimilin is a good product but the drawback is you need to spray before they hatch or just as they are hatching cause - as I understand it - it works on their moult and skin growth so they have to grow to die. This requires you being proactive and spraying the fields on the assumption you are going to have army worms in that field. This isn't always the case so you could in fact be spending money when you don't have to. If you spray it once you observe the worms it works much slower than sevin or lannate and if you have a large population the damage they can do between the spray date and the kill date is unacceptable to me. At least this has been my experience with it.

LaneFarms":hmr71ax6 said:
Caustic check out the price on Dimilin. It is less than half the cost of Sevin and provides protection for several weeks against armyworms.

Thanks have already contacted the feed store and ordered.

Latest posts