Looking for good heifers in Florida

Help Support CattleToday:

brihop

Reaction score
Looking to buy 4-5 heifers about 1-2 yo, have budget of around $4-5k. Open to different breeds, but looking for great quality. Prefer PB, reg nice but not necessary. Trying to stay away from CL and the sale barn... ya'll Florida folks got any leads for me?

...Brangus, Angus, Senepol, Braford, Herf, Shorthorn, Gert?

brihop":2aslwn8k said:
Looking to buy 4-5 heifers about 1-2 yo, have budget of around $4-5k. Open to different breeds, but looking for great quality. Prefer PB, reg nice but not necessary. Trying to stay away from CL and the sale barn... ya'll Florida folks got any leads for me?

Better up your budget or lower your expectations. We had a sell out of a small registered Brangus herd a couple of weeks ago at our local sale barn. The yearling, ready to breed heifers brought $1400 a head and the buyer was a commercial cow calf man who said he didn't want or need the papers.

BC":1ddba5cw said:
brihop":1ddba5cw said:

Better up your budget or lower your expectations. We had a sell out of a small registered Brangus herd a couple of weeks ago at our local sale barn. The yearling, ready to breed heifers brought $1400 a head and the buyer was a commercial cow calf man who said he didn't want or need the papers.
Agree.
Breeding age quality brangus, Herf, Angus, Braford, Gert for $1k ea are going to be hard to find. Add PB and/or papers to the qualifications and he's asking a bit much.
(I don't know anything about SH or Senepols)

So far I've found PB shorthorn yearlings for asking price of $1200 (registration extra). Also pure Herf (or F1 baldie, super baldie, or red baldie) 7 mo olds for 1.50/lb... so $900 for 600 lb heifer. (they run herf, BA, RA and brang bulls over herf cows)

I can lead you to cow/calf pairs. Purebred Beefmasters for $1200 (+/-). Not sure if Beefmasters is what your looking for however...

beefmaster would be great- don't pay any attention to Hook... darn squirrels!

Latest posts