Looking for a bull calf

Help Support CattleToday:

You can look anywhere. There are many options, especially since you are looking for a Black bull calf. There will be a huge sale in Alberta, Canada in March (or April) that is held every year. Put on by Randy Kaiser. His website is www.kaiserscelticcattle.com that might help. Also, here is the link to the CLRC search page for the American Galloway Breeders Association. You can search by state that way. It will then list breeders who you can contact. There are alot of animals in the Midwest, but that may be a little far for you.
http://www.clrc.ca/cgi-bin/query.cgi?_association=33
Also, if you want to look at information for individual animals on these pages, you will in particular be looking for animals with registration numbers G-[USA]******-B. This means that the animals are G-solid Galloway and B-Black. Hopefully this helps, if nothing comes from your search, PM me and I will make some phone calls.

teribean7481":2cynjyhl said:
I am looking for a black Galoway bull calf in Florida, any ideas where I can start looking.

Do you have an ice box he can escape too, in your heat? :D :lol: Seriously, even at the North 49th parallel, Galloway can have issues with hot muggy summer days. I suppose if you clip his hair short, he might be able to take the heat. :cowboy:

I have a friend who lives in Anchorage Alaska, who wants to start raising Brahma's maybe you two could get together and swap some of whatever it is yer smokin. :help: :lol2:

Contrary to "everyone's" belief, Galloways do fairly well in the heat. They shed out according to whatever environment they are in. Anywhere an Angus will do, the Galloway will do fine. The longer second haircoat is actually beneficial against the many flies and bugs in the muggy, swampy areas of Florida.

On another note, if someone has made a decision about a breed, and just wants help finding stock, don't put him down about it. Had he chosen Angus, Brahma, etc, you would all be helping him find a bull calf like asked, not criticizing his breed choice... :nod:

gallowaygirl":2qh6vveu said:
Contrary to "everyone's" belief, Galloways do fairly well in the heat. They shed out according to whatever environment they are in. Anywhere an Angus will do, the Galloway will do fine. The longer second haircoat is actually beneficial against the many flies and bugs in the muggy, swampy areas of Florida.

On another note, if someone has made a decision about a breed, and just wants help finding stock, don't put him down about it. Had he chosen Angus, Brahma, etc, you would all be helping him find a bull calf like asked, not criticizing his breed choice... :nod:

or maybe you have reached a new low for breed pimping by even suggesting that such a thing actually makes sense. I am more inclined to believe Aaron.

teribean7481":1hbb0yzh said:
I am looking for a black Galoway bull calf in Florida, any ideas where I can start looking.

How big do you want it to be? I have a friend that has been downsizing since 2000 and has one that is 1 1/2 and is 36 inches tall. :D He sells the heck out of them. They fit in the freezer where as a bigger one wouldn't.

They seem to do ok in the missouri heat. Have been taking the winter really well.

I can ask if he knows anyone.

I need to go take a pic of them in the snow. These are belted galloways and they look funny in the snow, like they have no middle.JHH

3waycross":2gl9g9vc said:
gallowaygirl":2gl9g9vc said:

or maybe you have reached a new low for breed pimping by even suggesting that such a thing actually makes sense. I am more inclined to believe Aaron.

I'm not trying to "breed pimp" here...while I know that there are other breeds obviously more suited to the Florida environment, I also know that there are breeders in other "hot, muggy" areas, such as Texas, Alabama, and Mississippi that have large herds and these animals handle the heat just fine.

Not according to the AGBA I see only 1 breeder in Alabama and nothing else in the south.

Check the website.

Thank you so much GallowayGirl and everyone else that had some helpful information. The world would be a much more pleasent place if people spent more time helping one another and less time wasting their breath with unwanted and unneeded criticism. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, however, a few peoples should have been taught that if they can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Beside I wasn't born yesterday and I am quite capable of making an "educated" decision, I guess a few of you thought that I had asked for your opinion on whether or not I should get one, not the case. Thanks again to those that were helpful in my pursuit for a Galloway.

teribean7481":1evd4coj said:
Thank you so much GallowayGirl and everyone else that had some helpful information. The world would be a much more pleasent place if people spent more time helping one another and less time wasting their breath with unwanted and unneeded criticism. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, however, a few peoples should have been taught that if they can't say something nice don't say anything at all. Beside I wasn't born yesterday and I am quite capable of making an "educated" decision, I guess a few of you thought that I had asked for your opinion on whether or not I should get one, not the case. Thanks again to those that were helpful in my pursuit for a Galloway.

Why not just go here: http://americangalloway.com/index.php

If you know how to use the internet well enuf to find this site then it should have been the place to start anyway.

I don't know about Galloway but I posted some info on Yaks for sale on coffee shop. Might be what you are looking for as a great calf for your area.. :cowboy:

Soon I will be looking for a black Galloway bull or bull calf as well to add to my little herd that should be coming together shortly :) All the best with your search.

Just did a quick search, you might try whitehall farms in milton florida, near the panhandle, found it in the breeders directory on the us belted galloway society.

I am quiet capable of using the Internet and have visited most if not all of the sites you may have found. However, as you have proven anyone can write anything online whether they know what they are talking about or not. I was asking for information on a more personal level.

dont pay any attention to the smart a.. remarks.you r happy with ur breed they r jeaulous cause they r stuck following orders from higher athority with their breed.u r enjoying cattle and ur life. u r excited about something else in life besides money .dont stop posting because sombody else on here thinks they r better.i am sure the same people with the smart a.. remarks will be wanting to buy them from u in about 5 years.just put in there papers 51 percent angus they will be tearing ur door down

I heard all about the H1N1 flu, but until some of these threads lately I had not noticed there was a surly, sarcastic flu bug going around too. Tate SS flu is spreading fast, hope I don't catch it.

canoetrpr":21o0hnx0 said:
Soon I will be looking for a black Galloway bull or bull calf as well to add to my little herd that should be coming together shortly :) All the best with your search.

Canoetrpr-might contact Randy Kaiser, he has some of the the best black bulls (that I know of at least all the way down here in the states) that he raises. I believe his sale is of two year olds, but may be of yearlings, I can't quite remember. They are wonderful animals, raised specifically as animals that gain extremely well on grass and hay, no grain, EVER!! I've been very impressed, and considered purchasing, but it may be a few years before we embark on bringing down more Canadian cattle...Good luck in your search!