Looking at the rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Looking out the bay window at the kitchen table getting tax stuff together and low behold the first calf this year.
Looks to weigh about 75 pounds just trying to jump and run around momma.
She is headed for the hay rack so I know where it will be sleeping if and when I get out.

I envy you being able to watch the herd from the comfort of your house. In the winter we can only view part of the central pasture and there is only one cow that always calves on a ridge that's clearly visible. Congrats on a successful start to calving!

I envy you being able to watch the herd from the comfort of your house. In the winter we can only view part of the central pasture and there is only one cow that always calves on a ridge that's clearly visible. Congrats on a successful start to calving!

I have no clue why this posted twice :?:

They usually calve in the woods she probably did as well,little girl was moving well.
Curiosity got the best of me and I had to go see. Black baldie heifer 1/2 Angus
1/4 Hereford 1/4 SH.
I bought her momma out of my running buddies pen as she was going to the salebarn he was running a SH bull on his Hereford and SH.

Caustic Burno":3q6a9bqa said:
Black baldie heifer 1/2 Angus
1/4 Hereford 1/4 SH.
I bought her momma out of my running buddies pen as she was going to the salebarn he was running a SH bull on his Hereford and SH.

There's a guy, not far from me, most of his herd is that combo; SH, Hereford, Angus. He's got a couple of blue & white cows out there in the mix. Pretty, I guess you could call them 'Blue Herefords'. ;-)

Workinonit Farm":1x4oj8hm said:
Caustic Burno":1x4oj8hm said:
Black baldie heifer 1/2 Angus
1/4 Hereford 1/4 SH.

There's a guy, not far from me, most of his herd is that combo; SH, Hereford, Angus. He's got a couple of blue & white cows out there in the mix. Pretty, I guess you could call them 'Blue Herefords'. ;-)

My buddy is on hospice right now he has a 1/2 Angus SH heifer that looks blue I am going to buy her mainly because she was his. Just be kinda nice to have her to remind me of all the good times chasing Piney Wood Rooters and what other trouble we could get in. He find a hog track and we were setting a trap.

Here he is baiting for them in my creek bottom

Skinning some in my barn out of that trap.

Caustic Burno":6w4a47rr said:
My buddy is on hospice right now he has a 1/2 Angus SH heifer that looks blue I am going to buy her mainly because she was his. Just be kinda nice to have her to remind me of all the good times chasing Piney Wood Rooters and what other trouble we could get in. He find a hog track and we were setting a trap.
I like how "pretty" they look.

As for the pic of the trap, looks like it was a good spot for it, lots of Oak. (acorns)

I'm sorry to hear about your friend being in Hospice. :(

Thanks for posting the pics.

Latest posts