Look who isn't supporting our troops

Help Support CattleToday:

What a hateful thing to say! :mad: Hot-button political issues certainly can bring out the worst in some people. I would hope that the person who wrote that e-mail was fired. At best, it was pretty poor customer relations.

I don't believe in War but that was discusting. It is not the ~Troops fault they are there, they are just doing their job the best they can, and good luck to them. I hope someone will read this and respond with a positive responce, and send them what they want, but the Government should see to it that they have adiquate supplies. God Bless all the Troops and hope they all come home safe and well.

I'm not a huge fan of the war either, however I do show respect to our troops!!!

Not matter what country you're from, you still have to show respect. Then again no-one does these days.

There is an e-mail adress at the bottom of the page. Don't be afraid to e-mail that mat company and tell them what a bunch of puck butlers they are.

If you go up one level, you'll see that this item is referenced as:

identifies a statement of undetermined or ambiguous veracity

As of Jan 18, 2007 the claim had not been verifed.

chl

Speaking as a Dad of a disabled vet I would like to take this guy out and take a long fence staple and staple his nuts to a stump. Then pour gasoline around the stump and provide him with a butter knife. He would have the option of what to do next.

There is no excuse for that kind of a reply from a business ( or any American). That is something that they could have kept to themselves no matter what their opinion is. I sure hope they are not based in America!

I sent the company an email expressing my opinion of this incident and am awaiting a response.
I'll let ya'll know if I hear from them.

Chluke wrote
If you go up one level, you'll see that this item is referenced as:

identifies a statement of undetermined or ambiguous veracity

As of Jan 18, 2007 the claim had not been verifed.
This is true, however, read the last papagraph on the page. Snopes states that:
"Discount Mats didn't respond to out inquiry, but Sgt. Hess wrote back to us and confirmed that the correspondence was real"

I just sent an email to the company. Here it is:

I just read a disturbing email you sent to a soldier in Iraq inquiring about some of your mats being shipped to APO addresses. I checked it out on Snopes just to be sure it was true and it was. Be rest assured that I or anyone else that I can reach in my and others email addresses will be informed of your reply to this soldier. Never and I mean never will I be ordering from you and be rest assured again that none of my business associates, friends or family will do business with you.

Richard Austin

Probably won't get a response but everyone in my address book knows about this company.

CB, you might be going to easy on them. Here is the email address I sent to. Got it from thier website.

contact @ discount-mats.com

Dick

good for you Dick, if a lot more people responded in this way perhaps they might change their policies. no use me doing so from here as they don't ship over to England either....Chris.

I sent an email asking for their support in sending mats over to our Troops for a comfortable nights sleep. I have a project that sends care packages and mail over to our men and women. If they look up my website they will see that I am serious. I am hoping they will want to make it right and do something to help support our Troops.
I am looking forward to their response.

Kelly":3dgwyo69 said:
I sent an email asking for their support in sending mats over to our Troops for a comfortable nights sleep. I have a project that sends care packages and mail over to our men and women. If they look up my website they will see that I am serious. I am hoping they will want to make it right and do something to help support our Troops.
I am looking forward to their response.

So am I...please let us all know what it is. I'm still literally dumbfounded at the response this soldier got when he contacted them.

Alice

As a former Marine, I too have seen enough to last a lifetime, but I would do anything to help out my fellow serviceman, or neighbor for that matter, without question. Especially since many personal friends are still deployed. It saddens me to know that some of my fellow Americans feel this way. The sad part is that there are so many people who would respond that way if they could do it anonomously. This sick bast*#@ just got noticed. Sad world.

Caustic: man I respect you and your comments alot, but you seem to be a little lenient on this. I don't think I could restrain myself. And please tell your son thank you for me.

I hear alot about supporting the troops, but most people that talk about it don't do anything besides talk and maybe prayer. I am okay with that,I don't put stickers on my car or send them money and supplies but for people to be against the troops is a sad day.

Caustic Burno":x7p5yqdp said:
Speaking as a Dad of a disabled vet I would like to take this guy out and take a long fence staple and staple his nuts to a stump. Then pour gasoline around the stump and provide him with a butter knife. He would have the option of what to do next.

Might want to grab a gun and sit back and watch...just incase he does cut and run

Didn't anyone read down a bit further? The president of the company said it was NOT company policy,and the employee that did it has been "dealt with"....

Also...Why can't the service supply the solders with the equipment(mats,armor,trucks that run) insted of us haveing to hold a metiphoric bake sale to supply our troops?

Yes,I support our troops---I just think this ain't no way to run a war....

peg4x4":2ujwdvu2 said:
Didn't anyone read down a bit further? The president of the company said it was NOT company policy,and the employee that did it has been "dealt with"....

Also...Why can't the service supply the solders with the equipment(mats,armor,trucks that run) insted of us haveing to hold a metiphoric bake sale to supply our troops?

Yes,I support our troops---I just think this ain't no way to run a war....

Hi Peg! I happen to agree with you...the troops have been undersupplied from the get go. It's a shame that a soldier in the battle zone has to go online himself to try to get supplies for his comrades. Boggles the mind.

Alice

Latest posts