Longhorn Beef ?

Help Support CattleToday:

andicetx

Reaction score
Anyone tried it ? I understand its very lean. Neighbor is trying to get rid of a few head, didnt know if its worth the price for the beef.

I have. Ground beef is good and lean. Sometimes they need a little fat added to make the patties stay together, but this last one didnt need that at all. Steaks were really good. Nice, tender, juicy... even the one we had to cook very well done for my stepmom surprised me at the tenderness and flavor it still possessed.

Like 3MR says, it depends on the price. But gthe meat we had was very tasty and tender.

Ryan

We slaughter a bull every year. Great tasting meat!

Visit our website and go to the page/tab that has "other" information: we have LH beef info, cooking tips, etc. there.

"Try it you'll like it"! ;-)

Keep Longhorn beef in the freezer at all times. Of course, that's the breed that we raise so we would naturally eat our product. It's very good. Very lean beef. If you cook it too done, too fast it will be tough. We have people constantly wanting to buy beef from us. A fellow stopped me on the road yesterday to ask about buying two steers to feed out for beef. Sold two in the course of five minutes.

Latest posts