• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Long Ranger

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
TennesseeTuxedo":2wvd97hc said:
"Coon fingered"?

They made a shiny metal image of a crayfish when I trapped. You clamped it onto the trap pan. The concept was a raccoon would reach into the trap to grasp it and be caught.

It never worked for me. I caught raccoons as a nuisance animal in dirt hole sets made for red fox. From 1960 to 1968, red fox were worth as much as a mink.

dun

Reaction score
TennesseeTuxedo":1h0srpoh said:
Caustic Burno":1h0srpoh said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1h0srpoh said:
"Coon fingered"?

Yes you never seen a coon play with
something shiny.

Ah yes, that's right, you taught me that a couple of years ago but it escaped my conscience thought process. For some reason "shoplifting" comes to mind.
That would be "light" fingered

TennesseeTuxedo

Reaction score
dun":1dg126wx said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1dg126wx said:
Caustic Burno":1dg126wx said:
Yes you never seen a coon play with
something shiny.

Ah yes, that's right, you taught me that a couple of years ago but it escaped my conscience thought process. For some reason "shoplifting" comes to mind.
That would be "light" fingered

Or five finger discount.

talltimber

Reaction score
This may be the Henry that gets me to buy one finally. I've been wanting to, but couldn't really find something I could use. Most of what little rifle use I require is for an occasional coyote or ground hog, and deer hunting. I use bolts, but this could be a nice little 243 deer rifle. I had been looking at the 45-70, but couldn't make myself buy something that kills on both ends when I don't need that much gun. The dbm on a lever is unique I think.

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
talltimber":239h4lqt said:
I had been looking at the 45-70, but couldn't make myself buy something that kills on both ends when I don't need that much gun.
\

Handload -
300 gr plinkers
400 gr hammers

talltimber

Reaction score
Heck with that.

Buddy had a Guide Gun, ported, in 45-70. He "let" me shoot it once. First time I had ever even held one, and first ported gun as well. I was standing beside a dump truck's bed when I shot. I couldn't hear him giggling but I know he was.