London riots...

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
What mindless thugs that are around....it has happened in our ~Town Centre, not on the news yet hope it has disbursed by the morning. It is at the bottom of my Road. I am worried for tomorrow for my Husband, he has been told not to travel in his uniform, and to change at work, but he will be going through the worst of it tomorrow driving a Prison Van. Think I will be on tenter hooks all day until he is home, also my Son will be taking the day off of work as he is working at the moment where the riots started. These seem to be worrying times. I am hoping that the Army are called in tomorrow to help the poor Police out.
Just heard they have set light to a Pub just off of the main Town.

Well at least we know the rioters are not Irish. The Irish would never set lite to a tavern or pub. Hope it gets better for you Chris, stay safe.

Dang! Just read a news article about what's going on over there. Made me think Detroit had won another NBA title. :shock: Seriously, Chrisy, ya'll be careful and stay safe.

You are in my prayers-
I don't think it will be long before riots start up here too.

I heard about it on the radio today. Sounds like things got out of hand. Don't know why anyone would want to burn down a pub. I'm sure your husband is capable of taking care of himself so don't fret.

Important things missing for crowd control: Armed Police w/guns. Tear Gas. Smoke Grenades. Flash Bang Grenades. Fire hoses. Tasers. Shotguns Loaded With Bean Bags or Rubber Bullets. Night sticks and flashlights just won't do it...

The rioters know well the English Police prefer to be politically correct and not carry/use significant arms. (Take note Canada and Australia)...

JMO

Running Arrow Bill":j52tc6iq said:
Important things missing for crowd control: Armed Police w/guns. Tear Gas. Smoke Grenades. Flash Bang Grenades. Fire hoses. Tasers. Shotguns Loaded With Bean Bags or Rubber Bullets. Night sticks and flashlights just won't do it...

The rioters know well the English Police prefer to be politically correct and not carry/use significant arms. (Take note Canada and Australia)...

JMO

Yep way to PC for far to long, and a huge group of lazy takers from goverment. Not just the lazy oinks that will not work, but the goverment addvisors that grow in number (Margret Thatcher had one or two advisors, Tony Blair had way over 100)

If there had been less PC when I was there and in school through to now then this would not be happening. No dissapline and O Dear he has not job so here have so money.

Read about it on fox news.

Was hoping you were not near there Chris.

Suzie Q from what I read it involved a shooting death of some young man. Maybe Chris can give us more info.

There is alot more, but this is not the place.

Prayers are with all of you Chrisy , God Bless and I too hope the military will step in soon.

BTW those that live in glass houses should not throw stones RB ,our "bobby's" are well armed . I suggest you fix your country before worrying about mine ;-)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/0 ... an-inquest

this is what is supposed to have started off the riots, but as is said now on the NEWS it is copycat and opportunists going on the rampage. David Cameron has said no to the army coming in and he will deploy more Police, not sure where he will get them from as they are thin on the ground at the moment, what with cut backs and redundances. The crowds are attacking the Firemen trying to put out the fires so the Fire Brigade won't helpout. The Ambulance Service are not going into the riot areas, so the Paramedic Police are helping out there. I wonder when there will be an end to it all.
Our Town centre is a no go area this morning so you feel like a prisoner in your own home through no fault of your own. My Son has not gone into work today as it is unsafe to go into the area he is working at the moment. He is just one person who has lost his working tools, so who knows how many more there are, the Insurance companies will inundated with claims soon.
My Husband has had to go into work, I would reckon he will be busy today what with all the arrests made last night, and with all the custodies waiting to be taken to court, and back to prison. not sure what time he will back home tonight.
Will let you know how things are going, but hopefully it will be quiet tonight.

The TV news said all of the holding cells are full.
Maybe Chris' husband will bring some of the overflow home with him and put them up for a few days. :) Chrisie can cook for them. :nod:
OK,OK, poor joke. :frowns:

I saw one of the rioters on TV remarking how proud he was of what he had done.

I think it is all a reflection on lack of home training.
Somebody should have wore their backsides out with a switch or belt a long time ago. Either that or
suffer this.
I never said I was PC.

hillsdown":2vmpw7nz said:
There is alot more, but this is not the place.

Prayers are with all of you Chrisy , God Bless and I too hope the military will step in soon.

BTW those that live in glass houses should not throw stones RB ,our "bobby's" are well armed . I suggest you fix your country before worrying about mine ;-)

My bad...lol. I forgot...England, Canada, and Australia don't want "citizens" to keep and bear arms. Guess the Law Officers can and do, however. Regarding glass houses...I don't worry too much about the USA, just keep vigilant over Texas Issues... ;-) Millions of responsible citizens in the USA are gun owners...many have two or more guns. Texas even has over 400,000 citizens licensed to carry a concealed handgun. Also, the vast majority of States in the USA have concealed handgun license privilege...only NYC, Illinois, California, and Wisconsin are anti-gun for the law-abiding citizen. And, our police forces in the USA are well armed and well trained.

From Twitter #londonriots I learn that baseball bats are the #1 searched for item on Amazon.com (in London). Me, I'm searching for "shotgun".
Waterstone's employee is quoted "We'll be open. If they steal some books they may learn something".
And I found a picture of a man and his wife pouring tea for a police officer, using the officer's riot shield as a tray. There is some hope for civilization, I guess.
Good luck Chrisy.

Yep Running Arrow Bill there is a very big differance in the guns laws between the Uk and well most other places in the world. Heck I grew up there and it was not till I was in my early 20's and in Australia that I even touched a firearm let alone used one.

I think that the biggest problem is that the society has been averaged out so that if you stand out, or stand up for your self or others you get shouted down. I remember listening to the miners strike on the radio, this was not a good time, but at least the leaders involved on each side had passion and belife in their ideals. Since then I do not think there have been any real leaders with the guts to stand out and say what they think. The press would destroy them before they had a chance even if there was.

Heck even those that imirgrated into the Uk, they work hard for two generations, then all to often the third generation think the goverment or their parents owes them a living. It was largly due to imigration that the economy in the UK was not bust a long time ago.

Hubby got home safe and sound, he said that the Prisons had lock downs, but no the one he had to go to as he carries the high risk and high crime catogories. The Old Bailey was on high alert and has housed a lot of prisoners for the night until they can be moved to the lower prisons tomorrow, he was telling me the Police were arriving with matressess for the Prisoners to sleep on, I'd say use the hard floor and take your punishment like a man.

Ryder...Chas could have bought home a few but they would have gone out in the morning in a body bag, if I had cooked for them, not that I am a bad cook just with the few extra ingredients that would have been added.

Latest posts