London riots...

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill":3usykoje said:
only NYC, Illinois, California, and Wisconsin are anti-gun for the law-abiding citizen.

If you're talking about concealed carry laws then you're wrong. Wisconsin recently passed a concealed carry law that will take effect in Nov of 2011. California leaves it up to the individual counties. The vast majority of them allow concealed carry and have for quite some time. Remember, what you see and hear about places like San Francisco are the exact opposite of the way things are in most of the state. Pretty much the same in New York state. The individual counties have a lot of leeway in issuing permits, and most of them do. You can even get a concealed carry permit in NYC but, from what I've read, you either have to be very wealthy or have political influence to get one. Doesn't do much for the average joe.

Sadly for me, that leaves only Illinois that does not have some form of concealed carry. We're trying. A bill for concealed carry almost passed last spring but our governor (yes, he's part of the Chicago machine) said he would veto it anyway. There are challenges in the courts, too, but as long as we keep putting Chicago people in office it's gonna be a long, hard struggle.

I heard the other day some kids at a fair were following people to their cars and beating them... all I can say is it would suck for them to fallow me and allow me to get to my truck.... I wouldn't live anywhere that bans guns... in Texas you can carry in your vehicles with out a permit ...

Watching the riots on tv ... they need to call in the army and start putting some of those people out of their misery. All over the world people are getting soft ... if we bring back the gallows in the town square And hang anyone sentenced to over 10 years in the pen I bet 70 % of crap would ...

JSCATTLE":347yj2b3 said:
Watching the riots on tv ... they need to call in the army and start putting some of those people out of their misery. All over the world people are getting soft ... if we bring back the gallows in the town square And hang anyone sentenced to over 10 years in the pen I bet 70 % of crap would ...

http://news.sky.com/home/article/16047217

this is the latest...London was relatively carm last night, our area was back to being very quiet. They wouldn't bring in the Military as if they did the our New PM would have to retire, and he wouldn't do that. As for the Gallows I whole heartedly agree with you there, an eye for an eye and all that. Egypt have the right answer, hand off for stealing and tongue out for lying. (not seen many Egyptians without a tongue, or hand for that matter). A strong deterrent can work wonders if it is shown to be done when needed, not like our namby pamby lot.

JSCATTLE":3tl22n54 said:
in Texas you can carry in your vehicles with out a permit ...

Just to clarify that statement you're talking about legal long guns and not handguns. Handguns have an unwritten defense that a traveler can be in possession if he/she crosses three county lines with an overnight stay. Notice it's a defense and not an affirmative defense.

Reopen the tower of London. Seems a lot of folks disappeared from there over the centuries. Wonder how many they can handle on a daily basis?

slick4591":1y2cwp6b said:
JSCATTLE":1y2cwp6b said:

Just to clarify that statement you're talking about legal long guns and not handguns. Handguns have an unwritten defense that a traveler can be in possession if he/she crosses three county lines with an overnight stay. Notice it's a defense and not an affirmative defense.
It's a defence like you say ... not a right to carry .. a dps buddy told me the 3 county rule was changed ... and he said long gun or hand gun ..

JSCATTLE":2x2ennqs said:
slick4591":2x2ennqs said:
JSCATTLE":2x2ennqs said:

It's a defence like you say ... not a right to carry .. a dps buddy told me the 3 county rule was changed ... and he said long gun or hand gun ..

JScattle is correct. As of sept 2007 it is legal to carry a concealed loaded handgun in your vehicle at all times. But it must be concealed.

Cal

chrisy":15228nk1 said:
JSCATTLE":15228nk1 said:

http://news.sky.com/home/article/16047217

this is the latest...London was relatively carm last night, our area was back to being very quiet. They wouldn't bring in the Military as if they did the our New PM would have to retire, and he wouldn't do that. As for the Gallows I whole heartedly agree with you there, an eye for an eye and all that. Egypt have the right answer, hand off for stealing and tongue out for lying. (not seen many Egyptians without a tongue, or hand for that matter). A strong deterrent can work wonders if it is shown to be done when needed, not like our namby pamby lot.

Glad to hear things have quietened down a bit in your area Chrisy ,how terrifying.

It's a shame the shop owners have to resort to baseball bats instead of a gun to protect themselves and their properity.

Cal

Calman":3v1me288 said:
It's a shame the shop owners have to resort to baseball bats instead of a gun to protect themselves and their properity.

Cal
I agree whole heartedly with you on that one, but it's the law of the land and not much we can do about it, guns are banned and it looks like that is the way it will be for a long time to come.
They have got it back to fairly normal now without the aid of firearms and heavy tactics so the softly softly approach I'm afraid will stay. there have been quite a number of arrests, my Husband has had a busy day today, ferrying the prisoners from Police holding cells to Magistrates Court then onto the Prison where they will await trial, in either the Magistrate Court or Crown depending on what they have been charged with.
He did say it made a change to carry non-harden criminals for the day. He has two days off now as his hours are to high to work anymore this week, and he said he is quite delighted with that, as Monday is going to be hectic.

john250":o4y383er said:
Chrisy, I mean to say that the easiest and most frequent spark for riots like these in the USA is for a city to win a sports championship.

http://www.britishbaseball.org/news_article/show/90306

there has been a baseball league here for quite some time. The sport that sets of riots here is Football (Soccer) although the football hooligan as they are dubbed has not been that bad for awhile.

These riots were not caused by a sporting event, but originally by a protest of a shotting by Police.

Runiely":yelbsd8y said:
Intense emotion continuous! Riots broke out in London after police shot and murdered a man in which many Londoners believe to have been murdered without reason. Related article I read: Weekend of London riots leaves city devastated by looting . The Social unrest in London resulted to an economic failure as it brought a big mess in the economy.
as I have said in an earlier post it started out to be a peaceful protest in the shooting of Mark Duggan, but it exculated into riots of opportunist and thugs to go on a rampage. There have been nigh on 700 arrests now, at least 500 of them have been detained, and the arrests go on. We are and have been for a time in a deep recession and there seems to be no end to it, and this thuggery has not helped if only the silly b*stards could understand that it is their future they are ruining.
I won't go on as it makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

chrisy":q5bk4oz4 said:
Runiely":q5bk4oz4 said:
Intense emotion continuous! Riots broke out in London after police shot and murdered a man in which many Londoners believe to have been murdered without reason. Related article I read: Weekend of London riots leaves city devastated by looting . The Social unrest in London resulted to an economic failure as it brought a big mess in the economy.
as I have said in an earlier post it started out to be a peaceful protest in the shooting of Mark Duggan, but it exculated into riots of opportunist and thugs to go on a rampage. There have been nigh on 700 arrests now, at least 500 of them have been detained, and the arrests go on. We are and have been for a time in a deep recession and there seems to be no end to it, and this thuggery has not helped if only the silly b*stards could understand that it is their future they are ruining.
I won't go on as it makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

If they got up and went and worked there would not be a recession. The fact that they would not work is why so many companies imported labour. How many of those workers stayed to pay tax when the world economy jumped the rails?

There is work there, it may not be the best paid, and you may have to get up and look for it, but it is always there some where.

Did I get this wrong or did Mark Duggan not have an illigel home made gun?

As far as I know if there is need of a firearms officer they have to be called in as there are only so many armed police, kind makes me think they knew the guy was trouble and armed before they went to arrest him.

Latest posts