"Locked Threads" Phenomenon

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Perhaps I can speak for a number of people on this board...

We know there are more than 1 Moderator, with perhaps their own "ethical" or "PC" agenda.

Anyhoo,

I think it is a serious disservice to either (a) the thread originator; or (b) the perpetrator that caused the thread to be locked, to NOT know why the thread was locked (or deleted).

Given all this, unless the Originator or the Perpetrator gets feedback from the Moderator as to WHY (specifically) the thread was locked...well...it's bound to happen again. We all know there are some seriously politically incorrect posters on here (periodically). Either they are trying to get a rise out of someone or they have an inappropriate agenda to publish.

My naive guess is there is one or more Moderators that are extremely conservative and/or realistically concerned about liabel & slander issues. That's their choice.

As such, I don't think it's fair for "unknowing" posters to have to second guess as to what's appropriate on this Board. On the other hand, the "rabble rousers" always show their negative hand... ;-)

I agree. It would not be that difficult to compose a small post explaining the whys, and then lock it.

There have been a couple threads locked in which I saw nothing even remotely inappropriate.

But that's just me...........

Jim62":199lc7bl said:
I agree. It would not be that difficult to compose a small post explaining the whys, and then lock it.

There have been a couple threads locked in which I saw nothing even remotely inappropriate.

But that's just me...........

There is one moderator on here that will lock a thread becasue it differs from that moderators view, especially if she is shown to be wrong.
Just because she can!!!!

I'm sure the job of a moderator isn't easy, and I appreciate what they do even though I don't always agree with it. Let's not forget that, while I'm sure there are guidelines in place, not everyone sees things the same way, including the moderators.

I complained about a lockdown awhile back and almost immediately got a PM from the moderator explaining his/her reasoning. I guess the best thing to do if you think there's a problem would be to PM or email Macon about it. He has the final say and that's good enough for me.

I would like to say that I appreciate the board. This is the only board that I am on and have been on here longer than any other. Others I will leave after about a week. Most others have smart as-- and everyone trying to be more intelligent that they are capable of.
I have wondered about several lock downs, but I do not pay to be on here, can leave with no string attached therefore it leaves me with very little say how lock threads are handled.
Thanks everyone I really enjoy all of you.
Duane

Based on previous experience, that particular thread was heading down the slippery slope to becoming political

Mod1

Mod1":fabskdqa said:
Based on previous experience, that particular thread was heading down the slippery slope to becoming political

Mod1

I wasn't questioning the "lockdown" of any particular thread. Just threads in general. I can understand why racial, 4 letter word profanity, "advertising", and obvious political preaching, and religious issues get locked down. Just wasn't sure why the "other" things got locked down, regardless of "who" posted the comment(s). "Inquiring minds want to know"...lol.
;-)

Running Arrow Bill":qlg333ko said:
Mod1":qlg333ko said:

Mod1

I wasn't questioning the "lockdown" of any particular thread. Just threads in general. I can understand why racial, 4 letter word profanity, "advertising", and obvious political preaching, and religious issues get locked down. Just wasn't sure why the "other" things got locked down, regardless of "who" posted the comment(s). "Inquiring minds want to know"...lol.
;-)

A high dollar lawyer could argue your freedom of speech (as you have expressed yourself here) is political because people reading this forum from other countries don't have that freedom.

The Mods do a decent job. I'd hate to see this thing turn in to the happenings over at Ranchersnet political forum.

I also don't want to walk on egg shells at being PC.

Running Arrow Bill":17b8hs1f said:
Perhaps I can speak for a number of people on this board...

We know there are more than 1 Moderator, with perhaps their own "ethical" or "PC" agenda.

Anyhoo,

I think it is a serious disservice to either (a) the thread originator; or (b) the perpetrator that caused the thread to be locked, to NOT know why the thread was locked (or deleted).

Given all this, unless the Originator or the Perpetrator gets feedback from the Moderator as to WHY (specifically) the thread was locked...well...it's bound to happen again. We all know there are some seriously politically incorrect posters on here (periodically). Either they are trying to get a rise out of someone or they have an inappropriate agenda to publish.

My naive guess is there is one or more Moderators that are extremely conservative and/or realistically concerned about liabel & slander issues. That's their choice.

As such, I don't think it's fair for "unknowing" posters to have to second guess as to what's appropriate on this Board. On the other hand, the "rabble rousers" always show their negative hand... ;-)
i don't know who they are, and it don't matter. but from my obsevation, dont think their conservative's ;-)

I've seen threads locked because of personal attacks. Lets see if thats true. Dun is a POO POO head. ;-)

L.A.":1m7gvkp1 said:
I've seen threads locked because of personal attacks. Lets see if thats true. Dun is a POO POO head. ;-)

Well when they're true they won;t get locked!

Never had a thread locked from something I personally posted, but did have a post deleted ontime, however, I did get a very nice PM from the moderator telling me "why" it was deleted and it was appreciated.

The latest locked thread in everything else contains bias that cannot be debated now that it is locked. They should delete the whole thing.

backhoeboogie":3e7q4m0a said:
The latest locked thread in everything else contains bias that cannot be debated now that it is locked. They should delete the whole thing.
My feelings exactly.

Latest posts